10

As I drive off, I can't shake the feeling that someone was watching me leave.

I mean, of course, people were staring because I just stole someone's bike but I don't feel like it was any of them that I'm thinking of.

I looked around as I left, but a bunch of other people was also looking at someone else. Though I couldn't see who it was, I only saw their backside. But all I remember is that they were wearing black suit.

It's weird to wear something like that to a bar.

I try and shake it off, probably thinking it's nothing and that I'm over exaggerating but it still sits in the back of my mind later on.

I keep driving, looking at the sights around me. It's beautiful.

All the buildings are shining in the Moon's light as I drive alongside them.

But some of the buildings are also... torn. Like, old but they look freshly built.

Just.. deteriorated?

I stopped to look at one of them, putting the bike in the park as I get off, taking off the helmet.

The building looks like it was on fire today, and had been put out, but it still looked odd. I wondered how it was still standing.

I put it aside, put back on the helmet, got on the bike, and drove away.

I stopped at some restaurant to get some coffee, drink it, read a little bit, and then get back on the bike, only to drive off once more.

Nights like these give me life. I don't have to interact with barely anyone and I can live in freedom for a couple of hours.

These nights are what keep me living inside.

This last time I got back on, I was in a quiet area so I took my helmet off and let the breeze flow through my hair. I took everything in, inhaling.

Then exhaled.

And then come back to the real world.

I continue driving for a couple of hours until I decide to drive back home.

I hadn't seen any Motorcycles on the road yet but I did actually pass two on the way back. The first driver looked extremely short and really hairy, and it took a couple of minutes but then to pass another one, and this one was speeding. I didn't get a good look at him, only at the fact that he was wearing something dark and he had short hair.

He looked familiar.

I just ignored it though.

By the time I got back it was 4 am and everyone was asleep. I parked in the back alley, taking the keys with me, climbing up to my window through the fire escape, and then closing it.
Sleep.

The next morning, I wake up to Fei knocking at my door.

"Go away!" I groan, shoving my head farther into the pillow.

The sun peels through the curtains, and the smell of coffee wafts through the house as I try to fall back into slumber.

Fei opens the door anyway, saying, "Ben is having a family, meaning he's mainly talking to Luther but he still wants us there."

"Can't I just skip one meeting in my life?" I say, rubbing my eyes and sitting up.

"No. Hurry up." She says, closing the door.

I sigh, standing up and getting ready for the day. And I take my sweet fucking time doing it.

"Hurry up!" Sloane screams/whispers through the door, not even 10 minutes later.

I sigh, opening the door to her.

"You guys can do this one without me if you want to start so badly, but I want to take my time getting ready," I say, shutting the door on her.

"Oh, screw you." Her voice sounds through the door, as I hear her steps fade away.

"Heard that!"

I make my way down the stairs, surprisingly on time, as Fei stands in the doorway.

"I can't take this." I hear Luther say as I make my way to the room.

I look over at him and I see him holding Marcus's old suit.

I look over at Fei in shock.

"Are you guys serious?" I whisper in Fei's ear as we stand in the doorway. She looks over at me, not saying anything, then looks back over at the others.

Sloane walks in, "Oh my god," She says, "Are you serious?"

Luther stops and looks down at the suit, in shock.

"I'd rather have him with us than against us," Ben says, giving Sloane a tight-lipped smile.

"Aren't you gonna try it on? You're about Marcus's size." Ben says.

Sloane looks over at Luther, noticing the look on his face, asking, "Hey. What's wrong?"

Christopher had also just floated in.

"I'm honored," Luther says, "Really I am. It's just..." He pauses.

He looks over at Sloane, and says, "I'm still an Umbrella."

Sloane doesn't break eye contact as she asks him, "Are you?"

Luther doesn't answer so Ben takes the chance to speak next, "You can stay as long as you like."

He walks past us, about to exit the room when Fei stops him.

"What the hell was that?" She asks, quietly.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" He says back to her then walks off.

I just look over at Fei still in shock. She looks back at me with her face completely bland of any emotion, then breaks eye contact, walking off.

I decide to not say anything, head up to my room, grab the keys, and climb the window, out to return the bike back to the bar.

God, I don't even know what day it is.