20

I woke up in a dark, silent place. Something was digging into my hip and my leg, and my arm was tossed over my face, covering my eyes. I reached forward, uncovering whatever was blocking my sight from the light. My fingers grazed a harsh, movable cloth that I pushed up, revealing that I was sleeping under a party table. I sighed, moving my body out from under the table, the outfit I was wearing, now, wrinkled and dirty. 

I hit my head, coming out from under the table. I grunted, rubbing it. My sight was still a bit hazy from last night's celebration, so I had to grab onto the table I was just under, to stabilize myself. I then made my way to the elevator, then to my room.

*Later On*

After I had taken some medicine and a short nap, I made my way to the lobby to grab a snack and take a look at what was left outside.

"Jesus Christ," I mumbled, once I had made my way outside. I was too flabbergasted to realize that someone had followed me outside. 

"Crazy, isn't it." I hear a person speak from behind me. 

I turn around to face Five, whose eyes never left the Kugelblitz. In his hands, he was holding a bottle, filled with an alcoholic beverage, probably to help condense his feelings about what was going on around us.

By now, everyone in the hotel has been blitzed, except for us and, surprisingly, the manager. Though he'll probably be gone by the time we get back inside. 

My eyes immediately went to Five's bloodshot ones, with dark circles underneath them. Though we had probably all passed out last night, nothing could hide the fact that we were all stressed out from the big situation around us. 

I wanted to hold his face. To cradle him. Though he is mentally fully grown, I wanted him to feel safe in my arms, allow him to dig his face into my shoulder, and be able to hide from the world.

I denied those, feelings, pushing them away. I am just desperate for comfort at a time like this. Who isn't?

Though, nothing could hide the tiny flame that sparked inside of me when I looked at him.

I stopped thinking about my feelings, allowing myself to come back to the moment when his eyes finally met mine.

We both stood there for a few seconds. I was trying to process how I felt. I couldn't.

I was also the first to look away, my eyes drifting to the bright ball, which now replaced the sun. 

I could still feel his eyes on me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me.

Honestly? I answered. "Scared."

"Me too." He said, finally taking his eyes off of me, following where mine were gazing.

It was silence. 

But for just a few seconds, it felt like pure bliss.