8. Make Me Happy

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram!

Username: authorfarahfekry

*****

Lillian:

Checking my phone one more time, I swallow my excitement when I see that it has hit midnight. I say a hurried goodbye to Luke, Maggie, and Charity, a fellow waitress I've befriended earlier, and I jog my way outside.

As expected, Colton's jeep is parked right by the door, and he's leaning against it wearing a white shirt and blue jeans that have me swallowing the water in my mouth. Damn him for always looking so painfully good.

He looks up at the sound of my footsteps, and when his eyes catch mine, he smiles. I bite my bottom lip in order to not smile back because I plan to have a serious conversation with him, but when I make my way over to him my eyes widen.

"You shaved." I whisper, my heart racing behind my ribcage stupidly. He gives me a silent shrug and I bite my lip harder as I notice the tips on his ears turning a little red. I think I just made him blush, in his own way. I'm still blinking at him when he opens the door for me to get inside.

I grab both sides of the door and lift my leg up enough to get myself ready for half the jump I have to do in order to get inside this huge car, but before I could do that, Colton grabs my waist from behind and lifts me up with ease, setting me on my seat. Silently, he shuts the door and walks to his side.

I gulp, probably blushing, because his hands on me felt way too good. I've always been aware of the size difference between us. Colton is huge, his body in perfect shape for a football player, while I'm smaller than most people. Which is something I used to hate, because it made me feel inferior, maybe even weak. But when he lifted my up like that, I felt perfect. Like I'm the perfect size for him.

Shaking that thought out of my head quickly, I take a deep breath and decide not to go there. Colton is my friend. I wanna keep that friendship.

He gets inside the car and looks at me with a frown. I raise an eyebrow at him and stare silently. Sighing, he clenches his jaw and starts the car. I huff and turn to the window instead. I'm giving him the silent treatment.

We remain quiet for five minutes and I want to laugh at the fact that he's driving way too slowly but I don't, because at least it means he's careful. We're almost back at campus when Colton suddenly pulls over and turns to me.

"Are you mad at me?" He asks, his hands clenched in his lap and I feel my heart fluttering inside of me, dying to burst out and go hug this sweet big guy.

"Yes." I say, keeping my poker face on, because I need to get my point across.

"Because I shaved? You said I needed to!" He exclaims, raising his hands in the air as he looks at me like he's about to lose his mind.

Okay, I'm about a second away from saying screw it and hugging the life out of him.

"First of all," I say softly, wanting to calm him down, "I didn't mean that seriously. You looked handsome this morning and you look just as handsome now. I just made that comment as a joke."

His expression softens and then he smiles at me, showing me those dimples that get my knees weak.

I clear my throat and focus. "Second of all, I'm mad at you because of this."

He frowns again as he watched me shuffle into Alice's backpack and pull out the fifty dollar bill he left me this morning.

His eyes narrow at it as I hold it between us and then he shrugs. "That's how I usually tip."