Epilogue

A few months later...

Lily:

"Are you a hundred percent sure you wanna do this alone, Lily?" Colton asks me for the tenth time since he has parked the car, both his hands fiddling with the ring on my finger in distress.

"Darling, I promise you I will be fine." I smile softly. "This is probably the least dangerous place for me to be."

His eyes snap to me, and he gives me a look that lets me know he doesn't share my belief. "It's fucking prison."

"Yes, where there are a lot of police officers with big guns." I nod. "Luke will be handcuffed too. And even if he wasn't, I know he wouldn't try to hurt me again."

"Tell that to your finally healed shoulder." Colton mumbles grumpily, making me roll my eyes.

"It was an accident, darling. You know that." I gently remind him. "Now let me go, please."

"Fucking never." He glares and I giggle at how cute my fiancé is. "Why can't I come in with you?"

Taking a deep breath, I try to explain. "Because you're too mad at him, and I totally understand why. And he won't be comfortable around you, which I understand as well. It's just something that I have to do alone, darling. It's like unfinished business to me, and I want it done and out of my life for good, and in order to be able to truly move on, I have to face him one last time. Please."

Colton huffs silently before finally nodding his head. "I'll be right here, okay? And don't let him make you feel sad, Lily, because I swear to God---"

"I promise I won't." Leaning over, I decide to sweeten the deal, and I give him a long, sweet kiss that has him melting for me. Pulling back, I rest my forehead against his and caress his cheek with my palm. "If you let me go now, I'll be in there for about fifteen minutes, and when I get back we will go straight back home and I'll show you exactly how appreciative I can be, my darling."

Colton shudders, shutting his eyes. "Fucking hell, Lily. You better be goddamn quick."

"I love you." I quickly remind him, slipping out of his arms and opening my door.

Groaning, Colton holds my arm and pulls me back into him, capturing my lips in another kiss that has me instantly wet and aching for him. After he makes sure that my lips are swollen and puffy enough to let everyone what he did, he pulls back and grins. "Now you can go, baby."

Swallowing, I find it a little hard to concentrate. I shake my head and take a deep breath, blushing when I see his lips just as red as mine certainly are.

With another quick peck, because I couldn't help myself, I finally make it out of the car and into the dreadful building, my visitors tag swaying against my chest.

After going through some paperwork, filling some forms, and letting a nice looking female officer strip search me for anything that shouldn't be brought inside, I finally have an officer walking me into a room full of people, half of whom wearing orange overalls that make my heart clench, because I hate the fact that there will always be evil in this world.

But not everyone wearing an orange overall is evil, because soon enough my eyes find Luke's bright blue ones, and I remember that look in his eyes because I've seen it in the mirror too many times. Regret.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I paint a small smile on my lips as I make my way over to him. He stands up to his full height, showing me that his hands are handcuffed and joined by a long chain that goes to another pair of cuffs around his ankles. I want to say that it's too much, that I no longer fear Luke at all, but I remain silent, because there are rules here that Luke has to follow.