Chapter 5

That week went by pretty fast and before anyone knew it, it was Monday again.

Valerie decided to ride with her sister today, wanting to create a stronger bond between the two since they did have a little falling out when the older twin decided to move to Forks while the younger stayed in Arizona.

It was a rainy day, it rained and snowed together all through the night and it was even raining a little right now. Just as the two sisters exited their house and locked the front door, their dad got back with Bella's truck.

Valerie was the first one that made her way down, sending a smile to Charlie. She didn't mind the rain falling around her, she liked it actually but would prefer if it was purely snow.

All of a sudden Valerie heard from behinde her a hmp sound and the sound of someone falling down. Turning around she saw her sister on the floor, having slipped on ice, she quickly helped her up.

"You okay Bells?" "Yeah, I'm good. Ice dosen't really help the uncoordinated."

A chuckle left the older twin's lips as the two made their way towards the truck and their dad who explained that he put some new tires on the truck.

"Anyways, I'm probably gonna be late to dinner. Gotta head down to Mason County, security guard at the Grisham Mill got killed by some kind of animal."

While Valerie's face had a disgusted facial expression as the mental picture of what his body probably looks like came into her mind, Bella was confused.

"An animal?" she asked as she looked towards Charlie who was getting into his police car, "You're not in Phoenix anymore, Bells. Anyways, figured I'd lend a hand."

The sisters noded their head as they told their dad to be careful, not wanting anything to happen to him. The older man sent them a smile as the words always am left his mouth.

As Valerie got into the truck, Bella thanked Charlie for the new tires before also getting in and before they knew it, they were driving to school.

"So um do animal attacks happen often?" Valerie turned towards her twin, a little suprised by the question but answering it non the less.

"No, not really. But they're not uncommon either."

Bella just nodded her head at that as she countinued to drive. Getting to school the two went their separate ways, meeting up for Biology before lunch since their classes were mirrored this week, meaning their last class was now their first.

Valerie was the first one to enter the classroom so she was also the first one to notice Edward. The girl sent him a smile as he sent a short nod her way.

Valerie kept an eye on the two between doing her work with Angela. She couldn't help the small smile on her face when she noticed the two were talking through the whole class. But one thing she was very suprised for was when she saw the two exit the classroom together still talking. As Edward left Bella by her locker either going to lunch or to his car to broad, Valerie went over to her sister.

"Ready for lunch?" "Uh yeah."

Bella was confused by Edward, she couldn't figure him out. She made a mental note to talk to Valerie later, see if she can get any information out of her.

When the twins sat down at the table with their friends, Jessica spoke up in a low voice.

"Okay don't look but Edward is starring at Bella." "He dosen't look angry, does he?"

Bella sounded concerned which made all three girls confused but Jessica replied to her. Valerie zoned out of the converstation as she watched the 5 siblings as they talked amongst themselves with Edward almost constantly looking at Bella.