Chapter 9

The night did not end as planned. Why, you might ask?

Well, Waylon Forge was found dead. He was a good friend of Charlie's, Valerie adored him too, plus he was Fork's Santa Claus for the last 30 years. It was gonna be a sad day for the whole town once word got out.

Charlie gave his two daughters pepper spray and said it would keep his mind at ease before the three headed home.

After many failed attempts at sleep, a tear stained Valerie walked into Bella's room since she saw a light coming from under the door when she went to the bathroom.

"Hey Bells, what are you doing still up?"

Bella jumped a bit when she heard her twin's voice, not expecting her to come into her room. Plus, she was deep into her reading material that she found.

"I was just um...reading something." Bella said just as Valerie approached her desk to see what she was looking at.

"The co... This again?"

The older of the two read out confused as she looked at both the laptop and the book, not understanding why her sister would be reading about this.

"Bella, why are you still reading these stupid myths?" "Okay but hear me out - it all makes sense!"

Valerie couldn't help but let out a shocked what as Bella stumbled over her words to explain herself.

"You're being crazy Isabella. Honestly, it's a myth first of all, and second of all, yeah, right vampires walking among us, ha ha. The next thing you're gonna tell me is that werewolves and Big Foot are real."

The younger twin did not like her sister's response at all. The two got into an argument in which Valerie told Bella to lay off the myth and go to bed before going back to her own room.

In reality, Valerie was freaking out on the inside and felt horrible for behaving like that towards Bella, but it was for the best. She sent out a text, warning of the situation before going to bed.

Two days later, Bella decided to confront Edward in the woods by the school during a break they both had. Bella finally knew the truth but it did not go over well because later that day at home, while Charlie was at work, the brunette decided to confront her sister.

"Jesus Bella, knock next time, please. You scared the living shit out of me." Valerie said as her sister barged into her room, "You know, don't you?" seemingly angry.

The older brunette was confused and asked her to clarify, which made Bella even more mad and told her to stop playing dumb.

"And to think that you called me crazy when the whole time you knew the truth and hid it from me!"

Oh. That was Valeire's initial response. She understood why Bella was angry but at the same time, it wasn't fair since she was just protecting a secret that couldn't be found out.

"I'm sorry for calling you crazy but it wasn't my secret to tell. I was doing what was best for everyone." That made Bella roll her eyes.

"Please, you were only thinking about yourself, just like always. Just like when you moved here."

That was Valerie's triggering point. She couldn't stay calm anymore but she really didn't want to go at this now.

"Fuck you Isabella."

With that Valerie grabbed her purse and jacket and went downstairs to put on her shoes, already hearing the bike pulling into the driveway. Sending a quick text to her dad that she was gonna sleepover at the Cullen's place which Charlie didn't mind since it wasn't the first time.

As Valerie left the house, Bella was standing at her bedroom window looking at her sister as she climbed onto Jasper's motorcycle but her twin didn't even spare her a glance back as she told Jasper to just drive.

"Alice?" questioned the brunnete, "As always." the blonde answered.

Soon after Jasper was parking in the garage and helping Valerie get her helmet off.

"You wanna talk about it now or later?" "Later please."

With that the two headed inside where the whole family greeted her with smiles and hugs which the human girl didn't mind one bit. Esme also offered her some freshly made cookies, which she gladly took.

"Hey how about we play Monopoly?" a loud no was heard from everyone at Emmett's suggestion. Monopoly never goes down good when they're playing.

"Buzz kills. Okay, how about.... Alias? But I call dibs on being teamed up with Val!" Rose shot a glare to her husband, "No way, I love you Emmett but if we're playing Alias, Valerie is playing with me."

Everyone was humored by the married couple that were bickering over who was gonna be partnered with the human girl in a human board game that came out only 16 years ago. It was truly a sight.

"Okay, okay, calm down kids. How about we do it the old fashioned way? 4 people are gonna pull out names and that's their partner." everyone seemed to like Esme's idea so they agreed.

The teams ended up being Emmett and Alice, Rosalie and Esme, Jasper and Carlisle, and Valerie with Edward.

"Okay, no nothinh, no mind reading and looking into the future or else." The mother figure of the group warned everyone (specifically Emmett). They probably played for an hour and you couldn't tell which team was more competitive.

At some point in between rounds, Esme even made dinner for Valerie since she picked up on the faint grumblings of her stomach.

After playing a few rounds, it ended in a tie between Rosalie and Esme and Valerie and Edward. They decided to share the win since it was getting late and Valerie should go to sleep.

With one last goodnight and hug from everyone Valerie made her way to Jasper's room. It seems the female part of the family already took care of what was Valerie gonna wear for bed and tommorow as there were clothes laying on a chair and pjs on the bed.

She smiled at the thoughtfulness and made a mental note to herself to thank them in the morning.

Just as she changed and put her clothes in a folded pile on the chair next to the new clothes, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." she said.

Edward opened the door from outside but didn't come into the room, staying in the doorway.

"I'm sorry. I should of spoken to you first before telling her." she sent him a smile, not blaming him one bit for the fight with her sister.

"Don't worry. It's not your fault. But treat her right or-" he cut her off with an amusing smile on his face, "Or else you'll set me on fire?" the human rolled her eyes but said yes anyway.

"Good night Valerie. Sleep well." she smiled at his words.

"Thanks Eddie. I hope you'll have a calm night."

With that Edward disappeared from the doorway but left the door open anyways, hearing his brother's footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Ready for bed?" Jasper asked as he closed the door, "Yup and since it's my turn to pick the book, I put it on your side of the bed." Valerie said as she got under the covers, waiting for Jasper to lay down so she could cuddle up next to him.

"The Body in the Library by Aghata Christe. Only you could pick something like this to fall asleep to."

Jasper said as he layed down on the bed and opened the book to the first page.

"And yet you love me anyways." "That I do." he said as he kissed her head before starting to read.

About 30 minutes later and Valerie was fast asleep. Jasper stayed for a little bit more before sneaking out of his room.

"She's good for you. For all of us." Alice said as she stood across the door, "I know." Jasper answered as he closed the door quietly.