Chapter 10

The next morning, Valerie woke up before her alarm, which was unusual, but she didn't mind since that meant she had more time to get ready for school.

She smiled as she saw her bag for school by the desk across the bed. She was thankful for whoever retrieved it since now they could go straight to school.

Just as she finished getting dressed, there was a knock at the door. It was Esme who brought a cup of coffee for the human.

"Thank you Esme you are a life saver." The vampire chuckled at her words, "The kids went out hunting before school. Would you like some breakfast?" Valerie nodded as she took a sip of her coffee.

"But nothing too big. I don't really have an appetite in the morning." "How does scrambled eggs and some toast sound?"

That was the moment that Valerie decided that Esme could not get more perfect. A cup of coffee and her favourite breakfast food? She just might have to dump Jasper for her.

"Yes, please!"

With that the two made their way downstairs, Valerie sat down at the counter with her coffee as she watched Esme make breakfast for her while the two made converstations about school and Esme's gardening hobby.

Just as Esme put down the plate with eggs and toast in front of Valerie, the kids of the family returned, but Edward wasn't among them. Before Valerie could even ask, she heard a car driving away.

Carlisle was at work, so that only left Edward who probably went to pick up Bella. It was the only logical explanation as to why he would leave so early.

"Go wash up and get changed because I wanna leave soon. Eric's gonna be handing out flyers with the theme for prom."

The 4 vampires all nodded and made their way upstairs, not wanting to upset their favorite human.

Soon enough they were off to school. Nobody spoke a word until Valerie decided to speak up from the backseat of the car between Jasper and Emmett.

"I'm not some porcelain doll that's gonna break as soon as you mention my sister. I don't care that he went to pick her up. So can we please stop with the awkward silence?" "Well I care. I want to kill him."

Everyone let out a sigh at Rosalie's words. Valerie leaned over to look at her blonde best friend in the drivers seat.

"I get it Rose but think about this. What's the difference between her and me? We're both human and we're related at that. If you're gonna go with the logic that she could be a danger to this family then that same logic should be applied to me." the blonde vampire turned towards her, "But it's different with her. She's his blood singer. You're not. I still stand by my opinion."

Valerie shook her head as she leaned back into her seat. She loved Rosalie but she was truly a hard head at times. She couldn't blame her though.

Valerie quickly jumped over Jasper to get out of the car. Giving him a quick kiss and waving the rest goodbye, she made her way over to her friends just as Eric was starting to hand out the flyers.

The 4 vampires watched with an amusing smile as they saw the excitement on Valerie's face and the way she was basically sprinting across the parking lot to stand between Angelina and Eric to get a flyer.

"Monte Carlo? That's our prom?" Jessica asked, a little bit confused.

"Gambling, tuxedos, and Bond." he paused as he looked around before handing a flyer to Jessica and looking her straight in the eyes as he finished his sentence, "James Bond." which made Jessica, Valerie and Angelina laugh.

Angelina took her camera as she took a picture of her three friends. But just as she was ready to take another one, she saw something else through her camera lense.

"Oh. My. God."

Valerie looked up at Angelina confused before turning around to see what she was looking at. It was none other than Edward Cullen and Isabella Swan getting out of his car.

She couldn't help but roll her eyes as everyone stared at them as the two walked together towards the school with his arm over her shoulder.

Eric had his mouth open in shock, Angelina had a proud look on her face and Jessica was something in between. Maybe a bit jelaous.

Valerie looked at the red car that just parked near by, only to see all four Cullens looking at the couple with either mad or indifferent expressions.

The school day passed by quickly and the whole day all you could hear was people either talking about prom, upcoming exams or like her friends about Bella and Edward.

Valerie sat with the Cullens at lunch, not wanting to be near her sister as she still has not apologized so she had the Cullens drive her home later that day and ignored her sister completly.

Later that day Valerie was in her room, finishing up some homework when she heard a loud noise outside. Looking out of the window, she saw Edward coming down from Bella's truck. She paid it no mind but just then she got a text from Jasper.

Edward's bringing Bella tommorow to meet the family. You're coming home with us.

Great, just what she needed.

Looking at the time on her phone, she saw that the game would start soon so that meant that Billy and Jacob would be here soon. Just as she made her way downstairs, she heard the sound of a wheelchair being unloaded and unfolded.

A smile instantly grew on her face as she made her way out the door to greet the two.

"Hey Billy, hey Jake. Excited for the game?" "You know it!" Billy answered as she gave them both a hug.

They headed inside the house as the two men talked about the Waylan case while the 3 teens followed close behinde.

Valerie took the fish fry from Jacob as she went into the kitchen to serve it on some plates. Just then Bella came in.

"Can we talk?"

Valerie agreed and the first thing that Bella said was apologizing for her behavior which Valerie accepted.

"Are you gonna watch the game with them?" "Yeah, Jake and I always do. You should join us. It would mean a lot to dad."

Bella nodded as she helped Valerie carry out the plates.

"So...Are they a good team? The one we're cheering for?" Bella asked which made Charlie go on this huge rant about how they're the best team ever with Billy sometimes butting in to give his comments.

The 5 of them watched the game with both Jake and Valerie explaining things from time to time to Bella.

After the game and a satisfying win, the Swan family walked out the Black boys.

"You should visit soon Valerie, everyone on the Rez misses you. Bring Bella with you." "Of course Billy. Tell everyone I love 'em."

After saying bye to them and goodnight to their dad, the twins made their way upstairs.

"Hey um..Val? Are you, like, gonna be there tommorow?" "Yeah I will. But don't worry, they're amazing. But watch out so you don't bump into the coffins."

Bella looked at her twin confused, not knowing what she was talking about.

"Didn't he tell you about the coffins?" Valerie asked her suprised, "No? What coffins?" Bella asked, a bit panicked.

"Where do you think they sleep Bells? Duh. Night, see you tommorow!"

With that Valerie went to her room, doing her best not to laugh out loud.

Bella was for sure gonna kill her tommorow but oh well. Right now the most important thing was to get a good night's sleep because tommorow is going to be hectic.