Chapter 8

When lunchtime rolled around almost everyone was outside, enjoying the nice weather and trying to get as much Vitamin D as possible.

While Jessica was sitting on the table tanning, Valerie was sitting next to her on the bench part of the lunch table and finishing up her food. The two noticed Bella looking all around so Valerie decided to speak up.

"He's not here, none of them are." Bella looked at her sister confused, "They just ditch?" a sigh was heard from Jessica as she looked over at Bella.

"No, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen take them out hiking, camping, and such. I tried that on my parents. Not even close."

Just as the younger Swan sister was about to say something again, Angela ran over to the three girls all excited, telling them how she asked Eric to prom. The three instantly congratulated their friend, obviously happy for her.

Jessica made a comment about how they should go dress shopping before all the good ones are gone which made them once again ask the twins if they were sure they had to go out of town. As Bella answered that it was a family thing so yes, Valerie decided she wasn't gonna be a part of her sister's lie.

"I will be going to prom. I'm not super close to our mom or that side of the family so Bells here is taking one for the team and going alone."

Jessica commented how that was great and that they should head to Port Angeles that afternoon. Bella asked them if she could come with them too, which was weird to Valerie since she knew her sister wasn't a fan of shopping, much less dress shopping. Turns out, she wanted to visit a bookstore down there.

After school was finished Bella went to drop off her truck at home since they would all be taking Jessica's car which was easier than going with 2 separate ones.

Dress shopping was fun until they were catcalled by some guys passing by the store. While all 4 of the girls commented on how disgusting that was, Valerie also decided to flip them the bird. When will certain guys start to understand that they will never get a girl or get laid by catcalling? Probably never was Valerie's best guess since they were too dumb to understand something so simple.

She zoned out for a minute or two but came back when she saw her sister standing up, saying she was gonna meet them at the restaurant.

"Wait Bells do you want me to come with you?" Bella waved her sister off, "No it's fine, you stay, I'll see you soon." before Valerie could say anything her sister was already out the door.

She had a bad feeling about this but tried to dismiss it as she went to try on the other dresses.

Valerie alongside Angela was slowly losing hope because unlike Jessica they haven't found their perfect dresses yet. But then the last time the two got out of the dressing rooms and looked in the mirror, they both knew. This was it.

Angela found a beautiful strapless light pink almost white dress with a pink ribbon around the waist. It looked amazing on her, she looked like a princess.

"Val you need to get that dress, it looks perfect on you!" "You think?" Valerie answered Angela as she continued to look at herself in the mirror.

"Um no, we KNOW you need to get that one. You look beautiful in it and if Jasper isn't all over you when he sees you in that dress then I'll date you!"

Valerie laughed at Jessica's comment but thanked both her and Angela non the less. She really did look good in the dress. It was a dark pink colour with some abstract shapes and it was strapless with a heart-shaped neckline which made her boobs look amazing.

"Okay, then I guess we have all found our dresses." Valerie said with a smile as Jessica excitingly pulled her two friends into a group hug.

After getting changed and paying for their dresses the 3 friends left the store with smiles on their faces. It was slowly getting dark so they decided now was a good time to head to the resturant. But Valerie had other plans.