Eda Clawthorne x Alchemist!Reader Hcs

You are very skilled in potion making, though you prefer to call it proto-science over magic. Practically a chemist-witch hybrid. You were a respected member of the Boiling Isles and even owned your own shop. Meanwhile, you had a notorious outlaw and wild witch to call your girlfriend. Eda, the Owl Lady, self-proclaimed as "the most powerful witch in the boiling isles"! She likes to cause you loads of trouble.

She teases you about it all the time since you'd never like to admit that alchemy involves some forms of magic.

"Aww come now Mx. Nerdy, it's ok to admit you take part in magic you know!"

You'd rub your temple, pouring a concoction to create a large puff of smoke, interrupting the conversation for a moment. You take your time to stir it.

"It's not magic Eda, it's science."

You restate, poking your tongue out and leveling the beaker, squinting. You take notes in your journal while Eda blows a raspberry. She places her cheek in her hand, before smirking lightly.

"Well I can prove you use magic!"

You take a moment to set your beaker down, your arm leaning against the table.

"Tell me, how can you do that?"

"Quick! Smile for me!"

You furrow your brows at her, almost grimacing. She gestures for you to follow along, earning a sigh from you. You give her a little grin. She gasps, clutching her heart. She makes a dorky "Bum Bum! Bum Bum!" sound to go along with it, making you shake your head.

"The magic smile! It's too much!" She swoons over the table.

"The magic is too powerful!"

You hug your arms around her, ruffling her hair with your gloved hands.

"Alright alright! You dork."

You chuckle as she envelopes you in her arms, her cheek pressing against the top of your head while you both laugh.

Sometimes she'll stare while you're making potion orders. You know in the ways someone will lay on their stomach and stare while kicking their feet. She does that on your potion table right beside you as you try to work. You always have the most exhausted look on your face because of it, but she'll try to liven you up. When she feels things are getting boring, she'll poke around at the potions, much to your dismay.

"Ohh lala! What's this one do?"

Before she can even lay a finger on your chemicals, you grab her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze to voice your frustration.

"Don't."

She'd shift her hand, and entrap your fingers with hers. She Intertwines them, sticking out her tongue cheekily.

"Ah, I see! A romance spell~"

Furrowing your eyebrows, she wiggles hers jokingly. Getting a laugh out of you and a hand over your burning cheeks.

The Elixer is what suppresses her curse, so she'd always go to the marketplace in Bonesborough for it. But not once you start dating. That's something you can make yourself! Besides, you know the severity of it. You want to be sure she's safe whenever she uses it, so you take extra care every time she orders it from you. Every time you get an order of Wicked Brew, you know it's for her. You're never surprised when it's her or Luz coming to pick it up for you. You always check in with her to make sure things are working. Sometimes you even ask her to stay at the shop when you feel like you have made a slight mix-up.

Sometimes, she likes to mess with you. She'll take a sip of the Elixer and smack her lips as you look on in slight worry.

"Do you feel ok?"

"Oh ya!! No need to be a worrywart-"

She then suddenly croaks, obviously being overdramatic as she leans against the table, her back then hitting your torso. Her knees bent as she clutches her throat.

"Oh no! The Elixer! I-It's too-!"

Her head rolls off from her neck, falling forward into your arms.

"Too... spicy!"

She'd make her voice as strained as possible, crossing her eyes and sticking out her tongue to add to the dramatics.

You'd shake your head, kissing the top of hers and earning a hearty chuckle followed by a snort.

"Gotcha didn't I?"

"Not even close."