𝐴𝑐𝑡 𝑇𝑤𝑜 - 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒

__________________
{ Freedom }

Chapter Nine: The Walking Dead Written By: Indigo __________________

Chapter Nine:
The Walking Dead
Written By: Indigo
__________________

"don't look so worried" Carl reassures looking at the two women with him. Mercy, Lori, and Carl took the liberty of helping out the Greenes with their chores.

Carl had woken up this morning feeling like a thousand bucks. He begged that Lori let him help out, and with a little bit of persuading from Mercy, was able to help feed the chickens.

Mercy tossed a handful of birdseed in front of her, scattering it around the small area in front of her.

"It's our job to worry," Lori says shifting her eyes nervously around her son. Carl looks over,

"No, it's not" He reminds. "You're a housewife" He comments. Mercy's mouth hangs open,

"carl!" she calls jokingly, the young boy giggles. Lori grabs a handful of birdseed and tosses it toward her son.

"Yeah punk?" She asks. carl smiles wildly, "you see my house around here?" She adds. Carl smiles at himself proudly, tossing another handful of birdseed at the chickens. "A housewife" Lori mutters under her breath. Mercy laughs lightly.

The chickens chirp soundly on the ground, pecking at the seed tossed to them. Mercy is even able to scoop a baby chicken up in her hands, petting its fur softly, Its talons sharp on mercys palms.

"They don't have a mother" Carl comments, pointing to the baby chickens. Lori glances up at her son,

"She might be somewhere else." She comments, brushing the seeds off her hands.

"Maybe she got eaten," Carl responds, picking up his pale. Lori and Mercy both share a look, "everything's good for something else" He adds. Mercy shakes her head, picking up another handful of seed and tossing it to the chickens.

Mercy's pale empty's quick. She stands up and walks over to the small shed nearby, dropping it on the floor. She gives a quick goodbye to Lori and Carl and walks back to the small camp.

Before mercy can even fully step foot in the camp, Glenn comes up to her with a basket, almost bumping into her.

"Woah, slow down there," She says lifting a hand to Glenn's shoulder. He mutters a quiet apology. "Hey, it's all good" Mercy reassures. she looks down at the basket in Glenn's hands, "Whatcha got there" Glenn looks down at the basket, then back up at the redhead.