«chapter twenty-four: revision»

___________________

___________________

NIGHTWING'S POV

"Can you hear us on the Javelin?" I ask, looking up at the holograph.

"Roger that," Guy responds, "You got three Lanterns, two Hawks, a Martian, a Captain, a Doctor, a Devil, Magog, Steel, Icon, Fire, Ice and Flongated Man."

And a partridge in a pear tree.

"That's Elongated Man!" We hear him scream
in the back, meaning Guy has definitely been screwing around with his name.

"Hope you poozers make it worth our while," Guy says, making me roll my eyes behind my mask.

"How about at the Batcave?" I ask turning to the next holograph.

"Metamorpho here with Batwoman, Katana, Hardware, Plaz, Spoiler, Arrowette and Orphan," He lists them off, nodding for us to continue. And I thought it was crowded before.

"That's just about everyone," I say in surprise as I look to Batman. "Wasn't sure they'd all respond."

"You command more respect than you realize," He states, slight pride in his tone.

"Ah, starting to get that," I rub the back of my neck, "Still, everyone's here except the one guy I really need."

Well, one guy I need and one girl I want.

Suddenly the computer comes to life, causing us to turn.

'Recognize: Pierce, Jefferson G-01'

I smile at him as he walks to me, "Glad you could make it," I say putting my hands on my hips, "Gladder still you're staying in the game."

"Yeah, well..." Jefferson looks slightly conflicted before he says, "it's the right thing."

You sure about this?

Oh, yeah. Now it's just-

'Recognize: ShadowCat-b26'

______________

SHADOWCAT'S POV

As soon as I step in I hear whispers of my appearance. Most are from the team, excited I am back or exclaiming that they didn't know I was back. Or that I had changed my name.

I try not to get distracted by it as I look at Batman and then Nightwing who asked me to come.

"Didn't think you would come," He says as I stop in front of him.

"Almost didn't," I admit before I smirk a little, letting him know I am teasing. The corner of his mouth quirks up as I add, "Sorry I am late, something came up."