End of Yggdrasil

In the year 2138 AD there was a term: DMMO-RPG.

That word was an acronym for "Dive Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game".

These games were played by connecting a dedicated console to the brain via a neuronal nano-interface - an intracerebral nanocomputer network, created from the fusion of cyber- and nanotechnology.

These were games that allowed one to enter a virtual world and experience it as though it were real life.

And among the myriad DMMO-RPGs that thronged the market, one of them stood head and shoulders above the others:

YGGDRASIL.

This game had been painstakingly developed and released 12 years ago, in 2126.

Compared to other DMMO-RPGs of the time, YGGDRASIL's selling point was "player freedom".

It had over 2000 basic and advanced job classes.

Every class had a maximum of 15 levels, and so to reach the overall level cap of 100, one would need to take at least 7 different classes. However, players could take as many classes as they wanted as long as they met each class' prerequisites.

A player could even take 100 classes at level 1 each, although that was very inefficient. As such, in this system, it was virtually impossible to make identical characters unless one was deliberately trying to do so.

In addition, one could use various creator tools (sold separately) to fully customize one's armor, weaponry, flavor text, appearance, and other cosmetic settings.

A vast playing field awaited its players. There were nine worlds in total: Asgard, Alfheim, Vanaheim, Nidavellir, Midgard, Jotunheim, Niflheim, Helheim, and Muspelheim.

It boasted a massive world, numerous classes, and freely customizable appearances.

Each world is half of the earth or equal to the earth.

These features ignited the creative spirits of its Japanese players and sparked what would later be known as a stylistic revolution. So popular was it that whenever the word "DMMO-RPG" was mentioned in Japan, listeners would immediately think of YGGDRASIL.

Still, all these were things of the past now.

In a few hours, everything will disappear...

The server shut down. Despite being active since its release in 2126AD to the current year that is 2138 AD the game had finally lost the vibrancy it once had, and as the result today is the game's final day online.

Today's the day everything ends.

....
Ainz Ooal Gown (アインズ・ウール・ゴウン), formerly known as Nine's Own Goal (ナインズ・オウン・ゴール), is one of the top Guilds of YGGDRASIL with 41 members in its prime. Consisting only of members of society, the guild rose to prominence through the excessive purchase of cash items and possession of rare relics.

They destroyed many guilds and countries just for their own fun. They were extremely evil. Who controlled all the Helheim world to influence themselves.‌ They were so infamous that all the players in Yggdrasil knew about them. They took cruelty to an extreme level. Although many Guilds raised voices against them. But they are all destroyed. Because Ainz Ooal Gown is an organization that is extremely strong and wealthy. The Ainz Ooal Gown had so much wealth that at one time there was not a little space left for them to keep treasures in their own Guild treasury. This allows them to talk to the developers and build a separate floor to store the treasures. Ainz Ooal Gown also has the most World items. Which no other Guild has. Even if the top ten World item holders are grouped together, the number of World items they have will not be equal to the number of World items near Ainz Ooal Gown. Also, Ainz Ooal Gown was the organization that used the most cash items. They used to buy most cash items. But all this was in the past. All members of the Ainz Ooal Gown dropped out of the game two years ago, and now only their leader remains.