New world

Throne Room

"Momonga-sama, is there something wrong?"

Completely lost in his thoughts, he forgot about the part where the Server Shut-Down was supposed to ACTUALLY Shut-Down.

It was a warm voice that sang through the air, one he hadn't heard before, that brought him back to his sense; either that or it shocked him out of his stupor.

Turning slowly to see if he heard right, what he saw was all the NPC's still in the same positions... except one

Albedo was walking to him in a rushed but graceful manner

Woah woah woah since when did NPC's move on their own! Is this some sort of hack... A joke maybe?

"Momonga-sama, is there something wrong?" she asked again

Hold your Horses Buddy! did she just... Talk?... HOW? ...WHAT?... The Server's should be shut down already!... How am I still logged in!? Is this YGGDRASIL II? HeroHero? AghHHah WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ONNN! If this is some sort of Shitty-Dev prank...

Only a few steps from the beauty and she perked her head up, showing the worry clearly written all over her face

"Momonga-sama, if there's something I can do... then please just say the word, and I'll do it no matter what!"

"WHHAAAAAATTT?!"

How can she talk!? She's a bunch of data stored in pixels... What's happening now?... A last minute update?... Hmmm... yes, that's right, that's the most reasonable thing. Lets try the GM Call

*...*

It didn't work... wait... she just refer to me... as sama?... It seems I'm her superior, maybe for all of them? I can't disgrace myself now! Okay play it off cooool

"Momo-"

"Albedo, I am fine. It just seems the GM Call isn't working" he said in a calm regal voice.

I'm Having a Conversation with an NPC!

Consumed by his emotions, a cool wave flushed over him suppressing his emotions.

Racking her brain, she began to follow his footsteps as he regained his composure and made way for the throne. When he took his seat, Albedo was staring down at the ground and softly spoke

"...I-I'm sorry but I am unfamiliar with what a 'GM Call' is"

"I see... and are the other's like you or are they all frozen pixels?"

Not understanding she just tilted her head. But the corner of his eyes caught Sebas , Morgan, and the Pleiades Maid's necks crank up in wonder as to what he said ...Also the Knights and Karl looked at Momonga. Impossible... Something's definitely wrong with them...

"Sebas..."

"Yes Momonga-sama" he replied while he rose up to his feet.

If they can talk, did their functions change too? NPC's weren't normally able to leave a Guild Base if they were created to defend it, does that mean this function doesn't work anymore?

"I want you to go outside and take..."

The magic caster's name was... Na... Narberal I think?

"...Take Narberal... with you... Go outside the tower and bring Joseph to me. Who is in charge of security entrance of Tower."

"Understood, Momonga-sama. I will take my leave now."

Aye, I got her name right! They sure looks realistic though. It's like they're actually alive. Is it really fine to just boss them around though? well, they are NPCs, but maybe their not anymore?... And what if their not loyal to me? before they couldn't respond to anything other than basic commands, and now? they're functioning like PERFECTLY NORMAL people. Hahah, How embarrassing would it be if he couldn't leave and was just stuck trying to get out of Tower...