Moving In

I get out of the car, and stretch. It's been a long drive to the new house here in Hurricane. I lived in North Carolina before we moved here. It was nice, and I had no friends. It's not like the kids at school thought I was weird or anything. Its just that I refused to socialize with anyone, and when someone wouldn't shut up and realize that I didn't wanna be friends, I would simply ignore them until they gave up.
My mother walked up to me while I was closing the car door. "Now remember what I told you-" she began. I cut her off. "At least try to make one friend. And don't ignore people." I said with a sigh. She smiled at me.
I playfully rolled my eyes, and my mother gently smacked my shoulder. "Go choose a bedroom." She told me. I nodded, and walked into the house with my younger sister, and younger brother. I ran up the stairs, and looked through the rooms, finally deciding on the room facing the Afton's home. Through the window, I could see a room painted bubblegum pink, and stickers on the room's window. That room must belong to a little girl. I thought. Although I don't like making friends with people my age, I LOVE kids. They're so cute, and easy to talk to.

I turn around, and yell "I call dibs on this room!!" My younger sister and brother chose their rooms, and we went outside to the moving truck to get our stuff.

As I step outside, I notice my dad speaking to a man. The man is holding a woman's hand, and the woman is holding the hand of a small boy. There's a small girl, talking to a boy who appears to be my age. The little girl looks over, notices me, and smiles widely. I smile back immediately, as she runs over to me. "Hiii!!! My name's Elizabeth, but you can can me 'Liza'!! What's your name??" I put my hands on my knees and crouch down to her level. "My name is Y/N! You can call me (Nickname) though!" She hugs me. " I can tell we're gonna be GREAT friends!!! By the way, how old are you? I'm 9! " she lifts her head to ask me. "I'm 15." I tell her with a smile. Her jaw drops. " WOAH!! YOU'RE OLD! ALMOST AS OLD AS MIKEY! " "Mikey? Who's -" I begin. Just then, the older boy Liza was talking to earlier speaks. " For the last time, Liz, stop calling me that! " I giggle. "I think it's cute." Lisa smirks at Mikey, and I laugh as he sticks his tongue out at her. Liza turns to me. "Can I help you unpack?" I nod. "Of course! " I stand up, and we both walk to the moving truck.