Sleepover With The Aftons

My family and I walked home, my mother and father packed a pair of clothes for tomorrow and toiletries for the younger two, I packed my own toiletries, and my mother and father hugged us and sent the three of us next door.

My little sister knocked on the door, and Liza opened it almost immediately. She must've been standing behind the door, waiting. I thought with a smile. The two young girls hugged each other and squealed. "Lets go play in my room!!" Liza said to S/ N. S/N nodded happily, and they went to Liza's room. Evan came to the door after Liza and S/N were gone, and gave B/N a small smile. "H-hey..." He mumbled . "Hii!!" B/ N said excitedly. "Don't tell my mom, but I brought a few toy cars I don't want anymore, so you can have 'em!" He added quietly. Evan smiled, and said "Your s-secret and cars are safe with me."

I smiled as I watched them walk to Evan's room. I walked inside, and sat on the couch. "BOO!" I jumped as I heard a familiar voice shout. I put a hand over my chest, and turned around to see Michael wearing a fox mask. "Jeez, Michael, you almost have me a heart attack!" I told him with a laugh. Michael looked around. "Where are the tiny dumbasses?" " they're playing in Evan and Liza's rooms, if you meant the kids. " He looked at me. "Uh, yeah, I meant the kids. Who else would I be talking about?" I shrugged. "Anyways, can we hang out? Please?" I asked , giving Michael puppy dog eyes. Michael simply looked at me with an unreadable expression. "...No." He finally said. Then he began walking to the kitchen. I followed him. "Why nooot???" I whined. " because I don't hang out with losers like you. " I crossed my arms. "What makes you say that I'm a loser?" Michael stopped, and thought for a moment . "Uhhh... You hang out with little kids." He said. "that's... That's it?!" I asked. " ...Nah, I'm sure you're a loser in other ways. " he replied. "What kinda things do you like?" I questioned him. "None of your business." I struggle to keep a smile on my face. "Well, what do I have to do to get you to like me?" He looked in the refrigerator for something to eat. "I dunno." I groan in frustration .

"Kids, it almost time for bed! Let's brush out teeth and get out pajamas on!" I hear Laura yell. I leave the kitchen, and get my pajamas out of my bag. I head to the bathroom, to find that it's occupied by the tiny humans brushing their teeth. I walk over to Laura, and ask her where I would find another bathroom. "If the kid's bathroom isn't available, then you'll have to ask Michael if you can borrow his." She says with an apologetic smile. I nod, and go to find Michael.

He's not in the kitchen, dining room, or living room, so he must be in his bedroom. I walk upstairs, and through the hall. I pass by a room painted bubblegum pink. Liza's room. I walk past another room, this one painted baby blue. Evan's room. At the end of the hall, I find a closed door, with a sign with "STAY OUT" scribbled on it. I sigh, and knock on this door. I hear a groan, followed by footsteps. Michael opens the door, and looks at me. "What now, Pipsqueak?" That's when I notice that he's shirtless. "U-uh, I need to borrow your bathroom..." I say, more embarrassed that I stuttered than embarrassed to see Michael shirtless. He sighs, and pinches the bridge of his nose. "Fine, but make it quick." He replies . I nod, and walk in. I locate the bathroom, and go in to get my pajamas on.

After I'm dressed, I leave the bathroom and look around. "Nice room." I tell him. I notice a record player in the corner of his room. "What music do you listen to?" I ask him . "Guns N Roses, AC/DC, Quiet Riot, Beastie Boys, Queen, that kinda thing." My eyes widen. "Those are my favorite bands!!" I exclaim. I see that his frown is threatening to turn upside down, and he quickly bites his lip. "Oh, that's great. Now, off you go." I look around one last time, and see a guitar sitting next to his bed. "Hey, I play guitar, too!" I say happily. "Wow, cool." He replies . I sigh, and turn around, and leave the room. I walk to the living room, and see Laura sitting on the couch. She turns to me when she notices my presence. "the children are all asleep." She tells me.
I nod. "I think I'm gonna go to sleep as well." I say. She smiles at me and pats my arm. " Alright, sweetie. I'll get some blankets and a pillow for you. " "Thank you." I say.

She leaves for a moment, and returns with at least three blankets and two pillows. I take them, thank her again, and she smiles and leaves the room as I situate the pillows and blankets on the couch.

An hour later, I'm still awake, tossing and turning. Just then, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I sat up, and saw Michael walking into the kitchen. He noticed movement in his peripheral vision, and turned to see me, wide awake, staring at him. He sighs, walks over to the couch, picks me up bridal style, and carries me to his bedroom. He sets me down when he walks in. "Uhm, why did you bring me here?..." I ask Michael . "You dumbass, you're sleeping in here, with me. that couch must be uncomfortable, seeing as how you were still awake an hour after we went to bed. " "oh, thank you.. But , uh, where am I going to sleep?" " the floor. " he said.

"..."

" I'm joking. I'm sleeping on the floor. You get the bed. "

"no." I said.

" Why not? " he asked, surprised .

"Because it's your bed. How about we share it?" I suggest.

Michael stayed quiet for a moment. I could've sworn I saw his face turn pink. But maybe it was just the lighting from the lamp. yeah, that had to be it. After all, he hates me.

Finally, he nods. "Fine. But you can't hog the blanket." I smile. " I won't. "

And so, Michael lays down in the bed, and pats the spot next to him. I lay down, and he hesitantly wraps his arms around me.

"Goodnight."
"...Goodnight."