Dinner With The Aftons

"Oh, please, call me Laura." She says. I nod, and she takes my hand and leads me inside.

I look around for a moment. The Aftons have a nice home. The walls are painted a beautiful navy blue. Laura leads me to the dining room, and tells me, "Sit wherever you like, sweetie." I smile at her. "Thank you Mrs- er- Laura." I then sit down at the seat next to Liza , across from the youngest Afton. Liza and I exchange hellos. I turn away from Liza to look at the youngest Afton. "Hey, buddy! What's your name?" I ask him with a warm smile. He sniffles before quietly saying "E-Evan..." I pat his head gently. "I like that name." Evan gives me a small smile and mumbles a "Thank you... "

I look up just as Michael walks in. He sees me sitting at the table, and crosses his arms. "What're you doing here?" He questioned . I smiled at him, remembering my mother telling me to at least try to make one friend. "My family came over for dinner." Michael looks into the kitchen, and sees the rest of my family. "Fine." My smile fades a bit , as I realize that my friendly smile didn't do anything. I was about to ask why he didn't want to be friends, when the Aftons and my family walked in.

Michael sits down next to Evan, and everyone else takes a seat where they like. My little sister ended up on the other side of Liza, my little brother ended up next to Evan, my mom and dad sat next to each other, and Mr. Afton and Laura sat beside each other.

After everything had been dished out, we began eating. And might I just say- Laura's cooking was AMAZING. We had (favorite food).

"So, Y/N, I assume you don't have a job yet." Mr. Afton said. I swallowed my bite, and replied. "No, sir, I don't have a job yet."
"Well," Mr. Afton looks at Laura. "We were hoping you would agree to babysit the children during the weekends." Laura finishes. I look at them with wide eyes. We've just barely met, and they already trust me with their kids?! Laura notices the look on my face, and says "W-Well, from what we've heard from your parents, you seem perfect for the job-" " I would love to!! " I exclaim. Laura seems startled at first, but smiles. "Oh, thank you so much! You're such a sweetheart!"

So it's been decided. I'm the Afton children's babysitter.

"Mum, can Y/N and S/N sleep here tonight? Can we have a sleepover?? Pleaseeeee???!!" " And B/N?... " I hear Evan say quietly. Our moms look at each other, and eventually nod. "Yes, if course." They say. The younger three cry out "Yay"s and "Hooray"s, while I smile and Michael rolls his eyes.