Chapter 6

Laura opened the door, and greeted my parents. "Hello! The children have just finished eating. You're here to pick them up, I assume?" My mother nods, and Laura calls for B/N, S/N and I. My mother sees me in clothing other than my own, and her eyes widen. Laura notices my mother's expression, and explained to my mother that Michael let me borrow his clothes since I forgot mine. My dad wiggles his eyebrows at me, and I pinch the bridge of my nose.

My family walked across the yard, and back to our own home. But before I could make it inside without being questioned, my dad grabbed my shoulder. I look at him and sigh. "Dad, Michael simply let me borrow his clothes. Nothing more happened. Michael and I are only 15 and 16, so you have nothing to worry about." S/N, who apparently was still outside or something, added "And he let her sleep with him!" "WHAT?!" we heard my mom yell from inside. My dad just looked at me. "S/N is only 9, so there's no way she meant we slept together in that way. She just means we shared a bed." I tell him. My dad laughed, and sent me inside. "Alright, kiddo."

I went upstairs, and into my room. A few hours later, I heard a knock on my bedroom door. "Come in." I said. My mother opened the door and walked over to my closet, then began looking through my dresses. "What're you doing, mom?" I ask her. She turns her head, and gives me a look that makes me feel like I've just said something really stupid. "The day after tomorrow is B/N's birthday, and the Mr. Afton is letting us celebrate at the diner, and I would like you and your siblings to look decent." 

I sit up on my bed, and cross my arms. "Hey, woman, a t-shirt and a pair of old jeans is fine."

My mom furrows her eyebrows, and goes back to looking through my clothes. "Young lady, don't argue with me. I am not in the mood to put up with your attitude."

I sigh, and flop back down on my bed. "Ah! This dress looks nice!" Mom says, pulling out my favorite dress. (If you don't own any dresses, or don't have a favorite, just imagine one that you like. I promise, it will matter in the next chapter.) 

"Fine. I'll wear it." I say. My mother nods, hangs the dress on the back of my door, and leaves the room.

-The next morning-

I wake up to the sound of someone repeatedly banging on my door. I groan and roll over to face my alarm clock. 

It's 5 in the damn morning.

I sit up, and yell "Who is it?"

"It's me! Now get up, Y/N! It's my birthday!" B/N shouts.

"No."

"Everyone else is up thoughhh..." He whines.

I rub my eyes, and get out of bed. "I'll be out in a moment. Let me get dressed." "Okay!" B/N shouts happily, as he runs downstairs.