Ortus Continued

When Lionel reached Duadella City, he went straight to his apartment which was rented. When he knocked the gate, he had a smile on his face that was as if he won a great battle. Oh wait he actually did so. However, when the gate opened, he saw someone else living there. On enquiring, he got to know that Madelyn moved out terminating the Rent Agreement. Lionel was shocked. He went to the Police Station to enquire about Madelyn. The Police told him that she lives in a new place. He asked for the address, but police didn't give. He showed them his Army badge and gave his information to the police, listening to which, they agreed to give him her address information.

When Lionel reached the house, he saw a small single-family house. When he was approaching, he heard some quarreling going on. Moving closer, he identified it was Trent's and Jane's voice. When he moved further close, he could see them, Trent holding the Bat necklace, which he gave to Jane, and Jane alongside a man, and Jane's stomach region was swollen. Lionel felt numb, but he still kept on hearing them.

"You know how important it is to our clan, to master Killian, to brother, yet you dare to throw it away!" Trent was screaming on top of his lungs.

"I don't care about your stupid clan, its ways, its codes, I don't care about Lionel or his family, or my family, tell father I've left everyone!" Jane too started screaming.

"Are you in your mind? How can you do this? Brother went to fight in battlefield so you acknowledge his strength. As they are saying, he alone fought an army of militants and freed the Tower." Trent was screaming when Jane cut him off.

"I bet he would be back handicapped. Who would want that handicapped bastard then? Compared to him, Edward is still good looking, strong, handsome, famous and what not? Being a prince what he even did?" Jane said, hearing which Trent clenched his fist and went to punch her, but Edward stopped him, and Jane kicked Trent on his gut region.

"Tell your Lionel, I'm no longer his Knight. I'm Edward's Knight and will protect my family, even if he comes back." Jane said.

"Take it easy Jane darling, the baby may be affected." Edward said caressing her belly.

Trent clenched his jaw and moved away.

While going away, Trent tightened his grip on Lionel's bat necklace, cursing her under his breath. Then he saw a strange man, standing leaned on near Jane's house. He went near to check who he was, and was surprised to find out it was Lionel.

"Brother!" Trent gasped.

Lionel came to his senses, he picked up Trent on his back like a piggyback ride, and ran away. Lionel took Trent to a house which neither Trent nor Jane knew about.

"This is my Father's gift which he couldn't give me." Lionel said, putting Trent down.

"Brother?" Trent asked.

"Tell Howard to close the dojo and come here. Either ways he'll be alone there, since you're staying here from now on." Lionel ordered with a straight face.

"What are you talking brother?" Trent asked.

"I'm adopting your family. Consider this my final order and be my family you both. You both lost a precious family member, and I was an orphan either way. So take Howard and come here tomorrow." Lionel said.

"Alright brother." Trent said with a hint of fear. He never saw Lionel this serious.

"Before going, give me this necklace." Lionel said pointing towards his Bat necklace. Trent gives it to him.

"Clean it before wearing it. She threw it in trash in front of me, resulting into the fight you witnessed." Trent said, feeling ashamed.

"Alright I will." Lionel said and went inside.