Beginning of the End

Madelyn was unconscious. She had no idea when she was taken out of the ocean by Wawet, given CPR by Parker, taken to the medical team in base camp. Hours later, she came back to her senses.

Madelyn opened her eyes, lying on her bed wide. She still can't forget the betrayal she got from Erik. She wanted to cry but she didn't want to shed her tears for him. Madelyn's teammates came in the room to notice she's awake. 

"Madelyn! You're awake?" Aaron asked.

Madelyn nodded.

"Oh Gosh we were all so worried! How did you reach the ocean?" Aaron asked.

"Erik." Madelyn said.

"Erik?" Aaron asked.

"He threw me." Madelyn said.

"Threw you?" Aaron asked.

"Erik betrayed us. He used us to be the new Father." Madelyn said, holding back her tears.

"I'm sure Erik must have hidden agenda. You are his sister, you too believe in this right?" Aaron asked.

Madelyn remained silent.

"You're mistrusting him Madelyn!" Aaron screamed, while Madelyn still remained silent, looking away.

Jacob tried to calm Aaron, while Selena and Ciaran looked towards the ground.

After few hours, when Madelyn was feeling better, she went to Parker's office. When she entered the office, Parker and Naomi was talking about Tyrants.

"... I think the same as well." Parker said.

"May I come in?" Madelyn asked.

"Yes, please." Parker said.

"Madelyn, how are you? Feeling better?" Parker asked being concerned.

"Yes I am fine." Madelyn replied.

"By the way, I know it is not the right time to ask this, but..." Parker was about to ask something, when Madelyn cut her off by saying, "Erik betrayed us."

Parker was silent.

"Yes, you heard it right. Apparently, the Father was changed since the previous one was defeated by some human. Erik killed the current Father, claiming his throne to be the new Father of Tyrants. He said he wanted to rule this world, that's why he did it." Madelyn said with an emotionless face, clenching her fists behind her back.

"Zedd's of no use to them now, I see." Lionel said, while appearing from behind Madelyn, cloaked, tapping her shoulder, making her loosen her clenched fists. She was shocked, seeing Lionel back.

"Finally we meet. Where were you this whole time?" Parker asked Lionel, while Madelyn was still in shock, looking towards Lionel.

"So what is your plan now Lionel? The new Father was someone who grew here. He knows our moves, our techniques. He can defeat us quickly." Parker said.

"We need to use trickery this time." Lionel said thinking.

Everyone was silent for a while.

"Alright. Call everyone for a meeting." Lionel said.

"Meeting?" Parker asked.

"Yes." Lionel said confidently.

An Urgent Meeting was called. Everyone was assembled in the Assembly Hall, confused about the agenda and the announcement about today's meeting.

Lionel and Parker along with Naomi and Madelyn came. Watching Madelyn there, her teammates grew anxious.

"Today, we have an important announcement. An important update coming from Madelyn Spencer from my squad." Parker said.