That Felt Good - 46

The rest of the term passed quickly. Gryffindor won the quidditch cup, which put all Slytherins in a bad mood for at least a week. We also finally took a set of final exams. I was beginning to think there were never finals and something off happened every year to get them 'canceled.'

On the afternoon of our last exams, I was resting some in the common room, when Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle came out of the boys' dormitories. My necklace tingled as they headed toward the common room exit. I excused myself from my conversation with Daphne, then headed on after them.

"Draco!" I called his name down the corridor. He stopped, as did Crabbe and Goyle, and he watched me as I approached. "Where are you going?"

Looking at Crabe and Goyle hesitantly before looking back and me, he said, "Nowhere you'd want to go."

My brows furrowed in confusion, but I could ignore my necklace tingling. "Well, I'll see for myself. I'll tag along."

"I don't think you should," Draco said warningly, taking a small step to get closer to me and standing looking down at me.

Challenging him by looking him directly in the eye, I said, "Well, I think I will."

He exhales sharply as he looked around the corridor. "Fine, but don't blame me if you get upset."

The four of us start walking. Out of the dungeons, then out of the castle, and over to the collection of tall boulders overlooking Hagrid's hut. Buckbeak sat outside, lying among the pumpkins. 

I watched as Draco pulled out a set of binoculars. "This looks like a good place," he told Crabbe and Goyle. "We can get a good view without getting caught."

Suddenly, I realized that this was the day the Buckbeak was to be executed. "Draco," I whined. He looked at me with a lifted eyebrow. "You didn't really come here to watch him get killed, did you? This is cruel!"

Draco's brows furrowed. "Aphrodite, I warned you."

We stared at each other for a while. I really didn't like it, but he was right. I crossed my eyes with a pout. "Fine." I leaned against the one boulder while Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle hid behind the other and looked out over the hut.

As Draco told Crabbe and Goyle about how his father said he could keep Buckbeak's head, I watched as Harry, Ron, and Hermione approached. They stopped, seeing Draco, then made their way over to us giving me sympathetic glances.

"Huh, look who's here," Crabbe said, alerting Draco to their presence.

A mischievous grin spread on Draco's face. "Ah, come to see the show!" He said approaching them.

My necklace hummed as Hermione approached, "You!" she as she stalked over to Draco. "You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" She whipped out her wand. Draco backed into the column of rock, Hermione's wand digging under his chin. My necklace chilled slightly. I took a few steps toward them, hoping not to have to get between them.

"Hermione, no!" Ron exclaimed, standing behind her. "He's not worth it."

A moment passed as Draco whimpered under Hermione's wand, her jaw set, and eyes cut as she contemplated what to do. It passed my mind to disarm her, but I was frankly in a pretty similar place to her regarding the situation.

Hermione lowered her wand, and I schooled my expression to keep from snickering at Draco's fearful expression. She started to turn back to Ron and Harry... then quickly turned, her fist coming in contact squarely with Draco's face.

My hands came up to my face as I gasped. The sharp onset of a headache started and my necklace froze. 

Draco's knees buckled, and Crabbe and Goyle helped him stand, asking if he was alright. The three then took off toward the castle.

Hermione smiles sheepishly. "That felt good."

"Not good. Brilliant!" Ron said. Harry was grinning, clearly amused by the scene.

She then turned toward me, seeing I had unconsciously clutched my head. "Oh, Aphrodite! I am so sorry!" She said, remorse blatant in her expression.

I shook my head lightly. "Don't worry about it." I chuckled lightly. "He deserved it."

The three smiled at me, then Hermione spoke up. "We're about to go visit Hagrid before... you know. Would you like to come with us?"

Looking back toward the set of steps that Draco had used to get back to the castle. I knew he was already halfway back and likely hadn't realized I hadn't followed them yet. I turned to the three, nodding.