Distraction - 160

Draco

I knew sleeping with Aphry would be a mistake.

I'd had a suspicion that the minute she asked me to cross that line and touch her in the most intimate of ways, I wouldn't be able to stop. And I was right. She was intoxicating to me. An addiction I did not wish to ever quit. I couldn't keep my hands off her any time I had an opportunity.

It seems needless to say that my time working on the cabinet plummeted.

This was obviously a problem, and a fairly big one, too. The lives of the people I loved most were at stake.

And I foolishly couldn't manage to ignore my raging hormones. However, this felt like far more than that. The feeling of need was more intense, and the finish much more satisfying than I'd ever experienced. I theorized the defensor bond was creating some sort of pull. This only meant the problem was going to be harder to manage.

I should have prepared better for this. Should have told her that we needed to wait until I'd gotten the cabinet mended. Until we'd gotten out of this mess.

It had been weeks since the first time. But every time we were alone, and I planned to finally discuss things with Aphry, we ended up tangled up in each other with all stresses and responsibilities forgotten.

Even now, as I sat in transfiguration, I couldn't help but ignore McGonagall's endless prattling and look at the next desk over.

I was paired with Nott for practical exercises, while Aphry was paired with Daphne, so they shared a desk. But Aphry sat on the inside so that she could be closer to me. Daphne said it was so she didn't have to get caught in the crossfire of our "furtive glances."

As if she felt my gaze, Aphry turned her attention away from the professor and locked eyes with me. She gave me an almost devilish smirk, and I knew that her mind was on our recent trysts, too.

She was carefully fidgeting with a lock of her auburn hair, and I imagined my hands threaded through it as I held her close. She was usually always so careful to keep her curls perfect, just like her mother taught her. But when she was in my arms, she couldn't care less. By the time we were done, her hair was always wrecked and frizzy, sticking up at odd angles, tangled to no end. The mess was usually handled with a few charms to get it set right. But in those few moments -- in the afterglow of our lovemaking -- I looked at her disheveled mane as a point of pride, knowing she had been thoroughly sated.

I hated that even as I stared at her, adjusting in my seat as lust overcame me, I needed to put a stop to this temporarily. And then double my efforts in fixing the cabinet. Because time was running out.

At this point, I knew that I couldn't discuss this with her. I would have to do that alone, considering the nature of the topic. I didn't want a Hogwarts gossip overhearing us and word getting all around the school that we were sleeping together. Aphry would probably die of embarrassment. But we also got too distracted while alone for any conversation to be effective.

Coming up with a simple enough plan, my initial thought was to put it into action while she was in Hogsmeade during the weekend with Daphne. But the Hogsmeade weekend was canceled, and students were not permitted to leave the castle. So instead, I got up as early as possible Saturday morning without drawing too much suspicion and headed to the room of requirement alone.

As I made my passes to open the door, instead of specifying that no one but myself and Aphry could access the room while I was there, I very specifically stated that only I should have access. I walked in, trying not to imagine the confusion and possibly hurt she would feel once she realized I had blocked her out.