Chapter 19

-Goussainville France-

*Noella's POV*

"I thought you said we were going to Paris." Nile spoke irritably. 

I was leading the group, practically running to get back to the team. 

"We're just outside of Paris. This is Goussainville." Andy explained. I allowed them to catch up before falling in step with Nile. "This place has been abandoned for fifty years."

"Why?" 

A plane flew above us, slightly shaking the ground as we walked. I gave her a knowing look and realization flashed across her face. "Thats's why."

Andy reached the door, and I practically skipped towards it. She moved out of my way and allowed me to go first. I had a big smile on my face as I barged through the door. 

I walked in and found Joe and Nicky cooking in the kitchen. They looked up startled before relaxing. 

I ran over to them, and they scooped me into a hug. "We missed you Sunshine!" Joe spoke happily. Their eyes raked over me. "Any trouble?"

I shook my head, "Nothing like that." He nodded before hugging me again. 

 When they let go, their eyes trained on Nile who was watching the interaction curiously. Nicky tucked me under his arm, eyes still trained on Nile. Andy just shook her head before going off to find Booker. 

I smiled at her and gestured for her to come. She hesitated slightly before joining us. Welcome to the family.

Turns out, Nile is not as chatty as I was, and this time the boys weren't picking up the slack. We just sat at the table eating quietly, deciding to let her make the first move. We could still scare her off. 

Everyone was constantly sneaking glances at Nile, who seemed very uncomfortable with the attention. I looked over at Nicky who seemed just as disheartened by the silence. We looked at each other for a second before looking back at the food. I had no clue what to do.  I pulled my blanket tighter around me, shivering at the cold air. 

Nile finally couldn't take it anymore. "So are you good guys or bad guys?'

"Depends on the century." Joe said. 

Nicky continued. "We fight for what we think is right." Andy walked into the kitchen glancing at us as she passed.

"How are you all in my dreams?"

I spoke next. "We dream of each other. They stop when we meet."

"Why?"

"I believe it's because we... we're meant to find each other." Nicky explained, staring right at Joe. He winked back causing a smile to grace my face. "It's like destiny."

"No, more like misery loves company."

"Always the downer aren't you Book?" I drawled causing Joe to chuckle.  

Everyone looked at Andy who was shoveling down food. She briefly looked up and with her mouth full "What he said." before turning back to her food. 

"It used to take years to track a new one. Noella was the last. 1985." I nodded quickly, desperate to change the subject. 

"Before me it was Booker." I looked at him "1812."

Nile looked at him. "No way."

"Yeah, I died fighting with Napoleon." He took a sip of his drink. 

She looked at the boys. "So... You're even older than him."

"Mmm... Nicky and I met in the Crusades."