Chapter 23

Authors note: Sorry it took me so long to get this out, I was in an area with no internet. Hope ya'll enjoy!

-Surrey, England-

*Third-persons POV*

The car ride was silent, only interrupted by the crunch of gravel or the sound of a blinker. Andy was in the back, thinking of all the ways she was going to make up with her family, especially Noella. After reading her journal, she knew she had a lot to fix before her time was up. 

They arrived at their location and filed out of the car, Booker preparing the weapons. Andy took her gun from him without hesitation.

"Go scout the back." She ordered. 

He left without a word leaving Nile to stare at Andy. Andy loaded another weapon and handed it to Nile's unsure hands. 

"I can't do this." Nile spoke for the first time, attempting to hand the gun back to Andy. 

"Yes, you can." Andy spoke, still looking past the girl in front of her.

Nile spoke firmer this time. "I mean, I'm not doing this." holding the gun out for Andy to take. 

Andy took it with a stunned look, betrayal lingering in her emotions. "You're one of us now. We would do the same for you." Andy pushed. 

"I never even had a choice." Nile argued. 

"None of us had a choice." Andy reminded her as she closed the trunk. "There isn't a choice."

"The day I died, I killed the guy that killed me. They try to condition us, you know? Thousands of hours of training. Two shots, quick kill. But they can't teach you how to live with it." Nile tried to explain. 

"You've got to feel it Nile." Andy said sincerely. "Every one."

Nile shook her head. "I saw what you did in that church. All those bodies. is that supposed to be me?" Nile spoke with an undertone of horror. "Is that what we're supposed to do, and we don't even know why?"

"You think knowing is gonna make you sleep better at night?" Andy questioned. 

"I can't be that." Nile spoke surely. "My family, they're gonna get old and I won't, but it'll be years before they realize that. I still have time with them."

Andy nodded slightly. "Here." She pulled the gun out from her waistband and handed it to Nile. "Take the car, and when you ditch it, ditch the weapons."

Nile wasn't sure what to say. "You gonna be okay?" 

"Always." Andy walked around her, going to get answers and to get her people back. No matter what. 

Booker signaled to Andy and she approached. "Where's Nile?" He looked around in confusion. 

"You and me, Book. Now and always." She started moving towards the house, and like always, he followed. 

Meanwhile...

Nile pulled the car to a stop, preparing to ditch the weapons. 

She gathered it all into a bag, sorting through everything. She noticed something odd and picked it up. It was a clip. She turned it over confused. 

She reached and grabbed her gun, taking out it's current clip. "Empty?" She spoke in confusion. 

Her mind was racing as she fought to remember all of the details. Booker dealt with the guns while Andy stood by the side. In view of Nile. He was the one who handed the gun to Andy, the gun that ended up in Nile's possession.