Chapter 20

Authors note: I already know there is no way to do the church scene justice, but I'm going to try. If it disappoints you I would recommend watching it on youtube. Please give me feedback. 

*Noella's POV*

The force of the explosion rocked me into the wall. The boys took the burnt of it, as a result I was up and moving first, heading straight for my gun. Gas creeped towards us and I saw the boys breathing it in from the other room. 

I took a deep breath just before it reached me and I pointed my gun at the source. I moved myself closer to the floor and risked a glance at Booker. He was still dead at the moment, guts on full display. I shuddered and began to listen. 

I pointed my gun at the corner; someone was there. A head poked out and I smirked. Peak-a-boo. I shot them directly in the forehead. They fell to the ground, and I heard shouting. 

I was running out of air quickly and my vision was blurring. I heard a shot ring out and something it hit me in the shoulder. I involuntarily gasped, breathing in some of the gas. I clamped my mouth shut and focused back on the wall. My vision started to falter, but I kept my gun pointed. 

Another shot hit me in the stomach, and I fell to the ground. I cried out and the gas filled more of my lungs. I was fading out. 

Multiple men dressed in all black and bulletproof vests came in. They looked down at me struggling to hold on, and the gun next to my hand before walking  to grab Joe and Nicky. I tried to move towards them, but I couldn't feel my body. All I could manage was a weak "No."

As my eyes were closing, I felt my body being picked up. I couldn't hold on any longer, so I allowed myself to fall into the darkness.

*Third persons POV*

Nile stood in the graveyard, surrounded by darkness. A plane flew overhead illuminating her briefly. 

"Nile" Andy softly called out.

"I don't want this. I don't want any of it."

"I know, I know." Andy looked down. She didn't want it either. 

"There isn't one good think in any of this." Nile spoke angrily. 

"I know this is hard. It's happening whether you want it or not."

Without either girls knowledge, men were currently creeping around the building. Heading directly for their unprepared team. 

"I know you're scared, Nile. Me, Noella, and those three men in there will keep you safe. "

"Like Quynh?"

Andy just nodded, it felt like a blow to her stomach, yet all she could do was nod. "We're all you've got."

Nile looked away, resigning herself, but they were interrupted by an explosion and gunshots. They both ducked down immediately. 

"What's happening?" Nile asked quickly. 

Andy whispered. "They found us."

When they made it inside they were greeted by blood. Bookers to be exact. He was sitting in his chair, currently dead, guts hanging out his side. 

"Joe? Nicky? Noella?" Andy called out, gun still raised. 

Nile just looked around in shock. "Shit." her eyes landed on Booker. 

"Booker." Andy kicked his leg, looking at him with worry. "You still with me?" She kneeled down next to him and handed Nile the gun. "Clear the back room. Find them."

Nile took the gun without hesitation and moved efficiently to the back. Andy stayed with Booker. 

"Hey." She grabbed his face. "Book." She looked down at his wound. "Come on. Come back to me. You're still in this shitty game with me. You hear me. Now wake up" Emotion choking her voice. She slapped him hardly,  "Wake up!"