Him

"So, how did you like the date?" Lisa asked the next day, smirking.

"Honestly, it wasn't so bad. No, it was actually pretty good."

Diluc's jaw dropped to the floor. He couldn't belive that you actually liked being with Kaeya, the man you hated so much.

"What?" you looked at him and asked. "You jealous?" you smirked. Diluc put in a straight face.

"No, I was just... Surprised. I mean, you used to hate that guy!" he exclaimed.

"Well, I no longer do." an answer came right back. "But that doesn't mean I like him"

~Suddenly, pineapples. Kidding.~

Suddenly, a door slammed open. It was from Jean's office.

The three of you ran over there to see Kaeya storm out of the room, seemingly angry. Jean tried to grab his arm, but he pulled away. Jean sighed.

"Jean!" you yelled. "What happened?" you asked as you stood next to her, concern in your eyes.

"I'm so ready to kill that bastard if he did anything to you." Diluc continued.

"No, no, it's nothing like that. He just asked for some papers, which I couldn't give him. It's information only the higher ups can see." Jean explained.

"Oooh, so it's nothing." you said.

"It's actually not. He's trying hard, and he did everything to accomplish that info, but I still can't give it to him."

"Poor guy, always ends up in situations like these." Lisa finally arrived.

Silence came after these sentences. Then, an idea popped into Jean's head.

"Y/N, don't you want to go and search for him? It would be nice to bring him back, I just remembered there's something I actually can give him" Jean asked you. You simply nodded.

You walked out of the building and went to search for the heartbreaker.

"Mr ladies' man!" you yelled sarcastically. But, of course, no answer came. That's when something hit your head. Like, literally.

You looked up to see a figure pass by on the rooftops.

You quickly climbed up on one of the buildings and saw the person running, then jumping down somewhere. You followed their path, when you suddenly bumped into a wall, with a crack on it big enough for a person to fit through it. You climbed to the other side without consideration, and what you saw was beautiful.

You could see the river that ran around the little island where Mondstadt stood.

And you also saw your victim.

He was sitting at the edge of a rock, looking out of his head. You walked behind him and gently placed your hand on his shoulders. You didn't react.

"Jean told me to come for you." you said.

"If she wants me to go so bad, why didn't she come herself?"

You've never seen Kaeya like this before. It actually scared you a bit.

"I don't know, but she sent me instead. Isn't thaf better?" you had a faint smile on your face when he turned around.

"Y/N?" he asked, not believing his eyes. "I thought you were someone else for a second, haha" he suddenly has his usual smile on. But yours fades.

"Drop the act. You don't have to pretend to be perfect in front of me too, you know? I'm not like the other girls." you said, a little angry. His smile suddenly faded away.

"I know." he looked to the floor. "And that's why I-" he stopped in hsi tracks for a bit. "And that's why I adore you, Y/N." he said, although it wasn't what he wanted at first. You were still surprised.

"And others adore you as much as you adore me. You're a great Knight." you sat down next to him and held one of his hands while looking into his eyes. "So don't give up." you said, as you shot him a big smile. His face went a little red, as he just nodded.

You then stood up and held out a hand for him.

"Let's go, then. Jean's waiting." you said, as the dazed male grabbed your hand and you led him out of the hole where you followed him.