Chapter 3

Dream POV
There's no way. Techno! Bacon! Even though I know him, he doesn't know I'm Dream. I have my mask on, and before, I've never had a mask. I mean, I did fake my identity when he was my boss.

Flashback
Dream POV
I gulped. I was getting interviewed. I needed this anyways, to help my mother. I lifted my hand up and fiddled with my mask. Then, I heard the door open. I looked up to see.. Techno? Didn't he leave to go work for as a boss? I thought he left? That's weird.

"Welcome." Techno said, in his monotone voice as usual. I stepped in, mind still going crazy. How is he back? Did he just not leave? Did he lie to me? Did he just run away? Did he- "Uh, sir?" I came back to reality. "Oh- uh sorry about that. My mind was elsewhere." He nodded, "Well you better be listening now." I nodded.

"Alright, let's start. It says here... you're Dream?"

Techno POV
"It says here... you're Dream?" I said, slightly whispering. Dream.. Smiles? It could be someone else, but who could have such a unique name? It had to be, right?

Dream POV
I started to panic. Should I reveal my identity, or not? Should I just be named something else? Uh, help?? I started to panic even more. If I had a panic attack right here, it would be terribly awkward and not a good look for trying to get a job. I tried calming down, deep breaths. Somehow, I managed to calm, just a bit. I look back up. I needed to find an excuse. "Uh, no. I'm sorry, but it seems as if my mother put in the wrong name. I'm actually Dre, Dream is my brother." He nodded, looking suspicious of me, but after I reassured him and it seems like he now believes me. I silently exhaled. "I guess we can continue now." He said. I nodded.

Techno POV
The fact that Dream thinks he can hide is identity is hilarious, like what kind of name is 'Dre'? (no offense ;-;). I decided to go along with it. I asked for his age, he replied that he was 13. At that point, I was quite sure he was Dream. Or at least a 90%, I mean it probably is, but still. I continued the interview, following how father taught me. Asking questions.

Dream POV
I CAN'T BELIEVE TECHNO FELL FOR THAT! I DON'T REMEMBER HIM BEING THIS DUMB? I was freaking out inside, because it actually worked, but I had to continue the interview, so I was half there, answering his questions, half going crazy.

After a bit, the interview was finished.
Techno led me to his door. "I'll text you if you make it." He said. "Thanks." I replied. He hummed a slight smile. "To get to the exit, you gotta go down the escalator, then walk until you see the reception. There will a glass door for your exit, same way as you came in." He informed me. I smiled, "Thanks, but, the fact that you thought I didn't know where in exit was? Underestimating me?" He looked at me. "Kidding, kidding." I said, sweating bullets yet not quite. "Alright then, try find the place to get a coffee and bring me one. You can get the job as my assistant if you get it to me. Up for the challenge?" One of my eyebrows lifted up. "Hell yes." We then shook hands, I walked out to try and find either a shop, coffee machine, or kitchen.

End if Flashback
Dream POV
I smiled. It was quite great. He was really nice to me, which other employees thought was weird. They said that Techno has always been really cold, and was warming up to me. They don't know why, they said.

3rd Person POV
"Hey Techno." Dream said. "Hey Dre." Techno replied. "You getting interviewed by me huh? Trying to get the job?" Techno laughed. "Yeah." Dream looked at him.

"Although weren't you my boss?" Techno nodded. "Yeah, well, I ran away." Dream's eyes widened. "Tell me about it." Techno shook his head no. "Why not?" Dream asked. "Just.. nah." They locked in eye contact. "Techno, if you want this job, tell me about what happened, and, also somehow manage your way around the place and get me some coffee. Just like the old days." They laughed together at the memory. "Alright then, nerd."

Techno walked out of the office, going to find coffee. He walked for a bit, when he heard bickering. "Just go!" one said, "No! What if he rejects me!" another said. As he walked passed them, they actually stopped and looked at him. "Uhh, who are you?" one with raven black hair and a bandana said. Techno continued to just stare. "Sir?" the other said. He had brown hair and goggles. "Uhh, do you know where I can get coffee?" The one with black hair nodded. "Follow me."

Techno POV
I guess I can follow them. I suppose. They led me to a coffee machine. I made Dream's favourite coffee, when they started talking to me. "Sooooo uhh, who are you? I've never seem you here." bandana guy said. "I'm getting interviewed by the boss. They said to get them a coffee." The two looked at eachother. "That's weird.." goggled guy said. "He doesn't really ask a person he's interviewing to get him a coffee. I'll go talk to him." I nodded slowly. "I'm going back now anyways."

I walked back to the office, with the two people behind me. I was about to open it, "Wait!" goggled guy said. "Knock." He commanded. I sighed and followed his instructions.

Dream POV
I heard knocking. Which was weird. Knowing Techno for so long, he doesn't really knock if he's really close to them. "Come in." Techno walked in, two people behind him. "What did you get me?" I asked. "Your favourite." he said, giving me a wink. I smiled as blush crept up my face. Thankfully, my mask was covering it. After I placed the coffee on my table, the two behind Techno stepped in.

"Hello Dream."

1035 words