CHAPTER TWO: DRAMA

(told in perspective of Andrometa aka Agent Nova) Before you wonder the guy in the picture above is Antonio aka Tony.

"Lunch s' up!" A grumpy lunch lady sat with a giant ladle in her hand, ready to serve her next victim. I had heard that their food was terrible at this time because they were running low on supplies. So I carefully slid past the mystery mash and asked for some corn, which was obviously from a can. Why did I join these guys again? I rolled my eyes and slid down the rest of the serving table, I took a strange looking hotdog and a bottle of water. I sat down, trying to ignore the gaze of everyone in the lunch tent. I had found a fairly empty table and sat there. A guy with light brown hair, hazel eyes, a bright smile, and around my age sat down next to me.

"So your the new girl everyone's been talking about, I'm Antonio, my friends call me Tony, what's your name?" He was rather forward, but at least he wasn't shy.

"Andrometa, nice to meet you Tony." He smiled when I called him Tony. He then looked at my plate and shook his head.

"Take it from an expert, that corn tastes like chemicals and laundry detergent. The best thing to eat with any nutritional value around here are the apples."

"Thanks." I smiled, and he smiled too. An awkward pause."Well! I'm gonna go get that apple, if it's as delectable as you say it is." I teased him and got up from the table. I picked out the ripest looking apple, and admittedly, it did look good. I sat down at the table with my newly found apple and I stared at it. I continued to stare at it... I hadn't seen this ripe of an apple since...that time Zana threw it right in Matthew's face! I laughed to myself, that was the day when lunch tray catapults had become a thing. Then I frowned, because I knew I would never go back to that, and I would never get to be with my team and Matthew again. I shook it off, all that was behind now, I needed to leave it behind.

"Relax, the apples not gonna reach out and devour you alive." Tony joked, and with his joke I realized I had stared at it for a while.

I shook back to reality, "Yeah yeah, I was just zoning out, its been a lot to take in lately. I'm just a bit tired... and confused, and everyone knows those two things don't mix well, here." I took a big bite into the apple. Wow, he was right, that apple was really good. "Heh what do ya know? It's actually good." I gave him a joking nudge. "How'd you know?"

"Comes with experience..." He leaned towards my ear and whispered, "also we get them fresh from an apple tree outside." He pointed towards the back of the camp. We both laughed but stopped quickly because everyone was giving us dirty looks. "Look, if you want to hang out after this, I'm off guard duty for today."

"That would be awesome!" I laughed and then he got up and waved.

"See ya then! At the flagpole, at 1700 (military speak) hours! Don't be late soldier!" He jokingly soluted and walked out of the tent.

I heard another person at our table laugh and whisper to another person next to them, "I think Tony's got a crush." They all laughed and the color suddenly flushed out of my face. Tony liked me? But what about Matthew?I loved Matthew not Tony, at least that's how I think it is. I mean, Tony is a bit more available at this time. Then again it wasn't exactly Matthew's fault that he wasn't. I finished my lunch and chugged down the rest of my water, I looked at my watch and realized that I had 3 hours to waste. I sighed and got up to throw away my trash from lunch. As I was throwing my trash away, I heard some loud yelling and some struggle.

"Get off of me! Just let me go! I didn't mean to help them I didn't know!" I heard a woman shout.

"That is none of my concern, you helped them and you will pay for helping them!" It was a woman, but I couldn't quite place where I had heard that voice before. I walked out of the tent and rounded the corner where the screams were coming from. I started getting close when I noticed the familiar jet black hair and green colored suit. It was Agent S, and she was with the shopkeeper from the sols town we had gotten our supplies from! What was she doing here?" I saw Agent Z smack her then suddenly a guard moved infront of me and was he holding a tablet?

"Ma'am, I suggest you move away, this doesn't concern you." The guard stood firmly in my way. I stood still. "I said move away!" He started to raise his voice. And although I could take him out in one fail swoop, I didn't want to cause a scene. So I put my hands up like I was surrendering and I walked away, back to my tent. As I casually slipped on my sweat pants and sweatshirt, I started to wonder why that woman was here, and what Agent S had against her. Then I thought of Matthew, tied up and bruises all over his face. Maybe the Estrellas organization wasn't all the sunshine and unicorns I had hoped it would be. I sat down on my squeaky bed and plugged in my earbuds, putting them into my ears. Then I pushed play and relaxed to my favorite playlist. And as I went into deep thought about what had just happened, my exhaustion got the better of me, and I dozed off to sleep.
TO BE CONTINUED