CHAPTER SEVEN: SURVIVOR

(told in perspective of Antonio)

Just a few days ago:

I can't wait! I thought to myself as I neared the flagpole. I asked out the girl of my dreams and she said yes! I just can't wait to see her again. I looked down at my watch, she should've been here by now. It'll be fine, she can be a few minutes late.

"Agent Cosmic!" I picked up my walkie talkie and turned it on.

"What is it Star leader?" I rolled my eyes.

"I heard that eye roll."

"What do you want?" I asked disinterested.

"You know what I want, a report! How is the girl?"

"She lovely." I whispered to myself.

"What?" I realized my comm was still on.

"Ahhhr nothing she's supposed to meet up with me any minute now."

"Is that a date I sense?"

"Um nooooo?"

"Your really bad at lying, you know that right?"

"Sure I do, now leave me alone so you don't blow my cover."

"Ok agent, but don't get too attached, you know that she won't be with us for long." Agent S' voice grew serious.

"You know me Star leader, completely professional."

"Ah-" I turned my comm off, then, after a while, I decided to go find Andrometa. She probably just fell asleep or lost track of time, she's fine. I kept telling myself. I neared her tent and suddenly saw a random guy run in. Wait I know that guy! Where have I seen him before? His face looks like... the prisoner! I sprinted back to my tent and grabbed my personal handgun. Andrometa was in trouble! I needed to rescue her! I ran to her tent, loading my gun as quickly as I could. Please be ok! Please be ok! Suddenly I heard their conversation.

"This wasn't part of the mission, was it?" I heard Andrometa say as I snuck around the corner of the tent.

"What isn't?" I heard the prisoner ask.

"This, rescuing me." She answered.

"No, but I made it part of it anyway, I would never leave you to be blown up, never in a million years." I heard the guy laugh. Wait, he wanted to blow up the entire camp? That wasn't good! I needed to get Andrometa out of here.

"Matthew, I-" I walked into the tent and aimed for this so called Matthew's head. "Matthew get down!" I pulled the trigger and it left a hole in the tent's ceiling. Andrometa quickly turned around and looked at me, her face was flustered, "Tony? Don't worry! He's here to help! Please put down your gun! Tony? Tony!"

"You and I both know that I can't do that." I told her and aimed the gun at Matthew again.

"Tony please, I-I..." Matthew put his hand on Andrometa's shoulder and shook his head.

"He's not who he says he is Andrometa." Matthew looked towards Andrometa. "Agent S recruited him to spy on you and get info on Media headquarters." Andrometa's eyes widened and she looked towards me.

"Tony, is this true?" I shrugged, it was true, but I liked to think of my relationship with the Estrellas as a job, I kept working but I could always quit.

"Andrometa, we need to get out of here! Now!" Matthew said while pulling on her arm. "Are you coming or not?" He intently looked into her eyes. I then pointed the gun at him. Was she really going to betray this organization as fast as she got in?

"Agent Cosmic, new directive, terminate Agent Nova." My radio blared in my ear and I aimed my gun at both of them.

"Of course I'll go with you." She smiled at Matthew, giving me the thought that she didn't like me as much as I thought she did. She then looked at me, and then the gun. "Tony! Put down the gun!" But if I take care of that Matthew guy, she'll love me again, we can be together again. I aimed the gun at Matthew. Andrometa gave me a look that said don't you dare, your not that stupid. And usually, I would agree with that, but she was the girl of my dreams, and I couldn't let her go. I took a deep breath and took the gun off safety. Her eyes widened. Her eyes were pleading me not to pull the trigger, to rethink all of this, but I had no choice. "Tony, don't." She finally said. I looked at her one last time, knowing she would never look at me the same again. I mouthed the word sorry, then I pulled the trigger, and before I knew it, Andrometa had jumped out in front of Matthew and was writhing on the floor in pain, cradling her leg that was now dripping with blood. No I did not just do that. Tell me I didn't just do that. TELL ME I DIDN'T JUST DO THAT! I started breathing hard. I just shot the only girl I've ever loved. And with that, my body fell over and the room went dark.

(Soon after Andrometa and Matthew left the tent)

I woke up, my head hurting almost as much as my heart was. I rubbed the back of my head and tried to wake myself up. Why did I do that? Why did I do that? Why did I do that? I got up and started frantically pacing back and forth. Then I suddenly remembered something I had heard.

"...I would never leave you to be blown up, not in a million years..." Oh no, the camp was about to explode any second! I suddenly started running, as fast as my legs would carry me, running, running, running, all the way to the apple tree I had grown used to. As I reached the tree, I heard and explosion that went off behind me and the impact took me off my feet. I face-planted right into the tree trunk. And as I looked up, I saw a car, driving fast down the mountain pass. I sighed and nodded, at least she was safe and getting help. I thought to myself. So, now that everyone in this camp is gone, I looked out to the camp, I need to figure out what I'm going to do. I tried to calm myself down but my heart was still pounding, well of course it is! You were almost just blown up! I took a deep breath and started walking through the camp, seeing dead bodies and memories that would soon fade away. I sadly looked around at the charred camp and I looked towards the mountain pass. What now?
TO BE CONTINUED