CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: DECISIONS

(told in perspective of Andrometa)

Matthew had gotten himself into trouble, again. I sighed and grabbed the water by my hospital bed and took a sip, then I looked down at my leg. Not like I can be of much help to him, i haven't even gotten my stitches out. I rubbed my leg and looked towards the door. I want to help him out so bad, but I won't even make it out of here for five seconds before they catch me and bring me back. I sighed and sat up in bed. I have to at least try. Suddenly a doctor walked in. "So your bullet wound should heal fully in a few weeks, it won't be to long, let's just hope you don't happen to get shot again." The doctor joked. I forced a laugh and then slowly laid back down again. I have to wait for him to leave, then another doctor won't come back for at least another thirty minutes. The doctor sat in his chair and pulled up something on his laptop. "So, Miss Turner, have you been experiencing any pain in the injured part of your leg lately?"

"Not one bit." I sighed, another survey? This torture would never end!!

"Alright, do any of your stitches look like they've popped?" He looked at me and I looked down at my leg.

"Nope, completely fine."

"Ok, since the answer is no to both those questions, you don't have to answer anymore." I saw him press submit and then he turned off the laptop. "Since you are recovering fast and well, we've decided to release you from the med bay early."

"Wait what?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing, "Early? Are you serious?!"

"Completely." The doctor smiled.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" I jumped out of bed and hugged him.

"Whoa, careful, don't want to pop your stitches."

"Right right." I pushed away and headed towards the door.

"Miss Turner, hold on." The doctor called after me.

"What's wrong?"

"We still have to check you out."

"Oh, right..." I walked back to my bed and sat down.

"So, if your leg does start to hurt again, report back to the med bay, if it's nothing serious we'll just give you some pain killers..." The doctor started.

"Ok thank you." I got up to leave then the doctor stopped me again.

"...please let me finish." He gave me an annoyed look and I rolled my eyes, then sat back down. "Try not to be to active, because your stitches could pop, and lastly, the interviewer expects you to report to her office to get the entire story about your bullet wound..."

"Is that it?" I asked him annoyed.

"Yes, you can go now." The doctor gestured towards the door. I bolted out the door and quickly went to my room to change, I slipped on a light blue t-shirt with jeans and Matthew's leather jacket. I quickly jogged over to the interviewer's office a few doors down and I knocked on her door.

"Come in." I heard someone say. I opened the door and found a woman sitting at a desk with a notebook and a few papers. "Please Miss Turner, take a seat." She smiled and gestured towards and empty seat placed across from her at her desk. I sat down and she nodded at someone on the other side of the glass.

"Are we starting the interview?" I need to get out of here as fast as possible so I can go help Matthew.

"So, Miss Turner, who did you say shot you?" The interviewer didn't answer my question.

"Antonio."

"Who?"

"A guy from the Estrellas, but that's not important, he's good now." I shrugged.