CHAPTER NINE: FINDING PURPOSE

(told in perspective of Antonio or Tony)

I was sitting on the ground, surrounded by ashes of the place I had grown up in, I stared off towards the valley. The Estrellas had been the only thing I had ever known, what was I supposed to do now? I continued to look towards the valley. You know what to do. I nodded to myself and stood up. I need to find Andrometa. I started walking through the charred camp towards the entrance of the camp.

Suddenly I heard a faint voice, "Help me." a girl squeezed out. I froze in place and I saw her, I bent down and found a girl covered in ashes, she had a deep gash on her forehead and was being held down by a tree that had fallen on her. "I can't feel my legs." she tried to pull herself out but she cried out in pain and stopped.

"Hang on let me see if I can push it off you." I pushed the tree as hard as I could but it wasn't any use. What could I do to make it easier to move the tree off of her? Wait a second. "Hold on I'll be right back." I ran frantically around the camp, looking for something I could use for a lever, but everything was burnt to a crisp. I kept looking and suddenly, I saw something glint in the light. I walked over and bent down to find a metal pole that had once been used to hold up the camp's speakers. I lifted it up and ashes flew everywhere. I started dragging it to the girls body. "Don't worry, I think this will work." I told her as I wedged the metal bar under the tree trunk. "Ok, are you ready?" I looked at her and she nodded. "Ok, on the count of three: one... two.....three!" I pulled the lever down as hard as I could and the tree rolled off of the girl. She dragged her body a few feet away from the tree and I gently let go of the lever, the tree rolled back to where it was and now the girl was safe.

"Thanks." She said, propping herself up by the tree trunk.

"No problem."

"I think my legs are broken, the impact of the tree was enough to at least damage them somehow. Do you think you could get me to a hospital?" She looked at me. If you help her, you postpone finding Andrometa and apologizing. But if you leave this girl here, she won't be able to survive because she can't move. I sighed and nodded. I lifted her up around my shoulders and started walking towards the nearest hospital, away from the mountain pass. I walked in silence. And the girl, seemingly nervous tried to start the conversation, "So, I'm Carly, I don't remember seeing you around base much, what's your name?"

"Antonio, but you can call me Tony."

"Ok Tony tell me a bit about yourself."

I laughed and sighed, this was going to be a long walk."Well, I basically grew up in the Estrellas headquarters. I never really knew my parents accept I was told they died in battle. And other than that, I had a crush and she blew up our entire camp and drove off with her friends."

"Oooohhh, that was her?"

"Yeah shows how good I am at finding girlfriends, oh, did I mention I accidentally shot her? Because I did, and I feel really stupid for doing it."

"O-oh." Carly was silent. "Maybe she blew up the camp because you shot her?"

"Nah I think it was her friends that blew up the camp, but I'm sure she's still mad at me for shooting her, before I found you I decided that I was going to go and apologize to her." I looked at her and she nodded.

"Yeah, sorry about that. My legs aren't exactly my best friends at the moment." She joked and I continued to walk. "Do you have any idea where she went?"

"Not a clue." I said sadly.

"Maybe I could help, since you've done so much for me already."

"You know something?" I asked curiously.

"Well sorta, I was close to the entrance and overheard they were going back to Media base but they had to make a quick stop in the Sol's town just up ahead to get some emergency medical supplies."

"Yeah the issue is that nobody knows where Media base is, accept a Media of course. But if they were stopping by the Sol's town up ahead, maybe I could get some information about where they were going next. Thanks Carly!"

She nodded, "Any time." We were nearing the hospital and Carly was starting to moan a bit more.

"We're almost there." I reassured her. I started to run to the doors and they slid open, revealing a confused receptionist. When she saw Carly, she realized what she had to do.

"Medical staff, down here, immediately. We have a code 4, repeat we have a code 4." Doctors came rushing in and they gently slid Carly onto a stretcher.

"Thanks kid." A doctor walked up to me. "We couldn't of helped her if you hadn't brought her over here. What happened to her?"

"We were in our camp when a tree began to fall down and it was crushing her legs underneath. I got a metal bar and used it as a lever to get the tree off of her. Then I carried her over to the nearest hospital." I summed up, leaving out the part about the camp blowing up.

"Ok then, thanks again kid." He left and started attending to Carly with the other doctors. So, a Sol town was it? Time to go investigate. I took an old bike that I found and I started pedaling towards the mountain pass. And as I pedaled, all I could think about was that shot that had put Andrometa on the floor, writhing in pain. The shot I needed to apologize for, that I needed to find Andrometa for. I'm coming Andrometa.
TO BE CONTINUED