CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: THE MYSTIC MOUTAINS

(told in perspective of Matthew)

After pulling everyone together and just barely making it out of the town on time, we had managed to get to the mountains on time. I gave a sigh of relief as soon as I got out of the car, stretching and taking a the look at the so called deadly mountains.

"So, are any of you mountain climbers, because I don't see how we're getting up there." Cassandra pointed to the top of the mountains.

"Don't worry Cassandra, in approximately 5 minutes, the mountain pass will open and we'll be able to hike a path all the way to the top." I told her. Cassandra gave me a doubtful look and I rolled my eyes.

"He's not lying, somehow the plate tectonics underground consistently crash into each other at the exact same time every other day, it's completely illogical but somehow, it seems to happen." Pandal was looking at an underground sensor he had whipped up.

"How long does it take for the pass to close?" Cassandra asked, concerned.

"Don't worry, it doesn't close again until sunrise." I reassured her.

"Phew, good, because I don't wanna die being sandwiched by two giant pieces of rock." She joked and we all laughed.

"So, how's this gonna work, we make it to the top and everything's just, fixed?" Danny asked me.

"You know, I don't exactly know, but I have this weird feeling that once I'm up there, I'll know exactly what to do." I relaxed and looked up to the top.

"Well, you know that always and forever, we'll have your back, doesn't matter if you hike this mountain or jump into an active volcano, we'll be there, you can count on it." Draco reassured me and I smiled, it was good to know that I had such good friends. Then I looked around at all of them, they aren't just friends, their my family, and I can't let anything happen to my family. I knew I had to go it alone, I couldn't ask them to do this.

"What's wrong Matthew?" Brutus was looking at me, and I realized that my face had matched my emotion, sadness. I sadly looked up and shook my head.

"I just don't want to lose you like I did with my parents." I looked down and they all put their hands on my shoulders.

"Don't worry Matthew, we've got this, so long as we do it together, as a team." Pandal smiled and nudged my arm.

"Boy am I glad to have a team like you." I smiled and we all hugged. Then the ground started shaking.

"Wwwwwhats haaapennningggg?" Cassandra asked while the ground shook.

"The tectonic plates are colliding ultimately splitting these mountains in two and allowing us to pass." Pandal yelled.

"English please." Cassandra told Pandal.

"The mountains are opening up and we can hike now." I told summed up what Pandal was saying. We all stood out in the open, the ground violently shaking, all of us desperately trying to find something to hold onto.

(told in perspective of Draco)

Dirt started stirring in the air and it was becoming harder and harder to see. "Grab onto someone!" I heard Matthew yell. I reached around, blindly, then I found a hand and grabbed onto it. I looked around, trying to find shelter, then I felt it, a door handle.

"In here!" I shouted over the rumbling, pulling the person into the car with me. Some of the dust had gotten into the car, but by the time we closed the door, the dust started to settle. We both started coughing. Then as it became easier to see, I realized that it was Danny who was in the car with me. I couldn't tell if she was shaking or if the mountain pass opening was shaking her, all I knew was that she needed to be comforted. I hugged her and she leaned on my shoulder, her body shaking in fear.

"What about the others." She asked faintly.

"I'm sure their fine, but we can't go out until the dust dies down." I told her. Then suddenly, light started shining out of a crack in the mountains, revealing a beautiful sunset. And as the rumbling stopped, Danny inched closer to me.

"It's alright Danny, I think it's over for now." I reassured her. She stared at me straight in the eyes for a good long minute, then she quickly turned away.

"I'm sorry." We both said in sinc. Then we started laughing. Suddenly the car door opened, and revealed a dust covered Matthew.

"I'm glad you guys were having fun." He spit out some dust and shook his head, his dust covered hair creating a dust cloud. "Now let's try and find everyone else." We all spread out, looking for Cassandra, Brutus and Pandal. I found Brutus and Cassandra, they had taken cover under a tree and they were gripping onto each other's hands tight, and in fear. "I FOUND PANDAL!!!" I heard Danny yell from a little bit away.

"AND I FOUND CASSANDRA AND BRUTUS!" I yelled back. We all met up together. And we then looked to the mountains.

"Time to go do some hiking." Matthew said and we all started walking to the pass.

Suddenly out of nowhere, we heard a voice, "Stop right where you are!" We turned around and found one woman, standing there, I had no idea who it was but Pandal and Brutus stepped out infront of us, and they seemed to know her.

"Commander Alberta, what an unpleasant surprise." Brutus sneered.

"Not as unpleasant as the empty parking spot in our garage." Alberta glared at Pandal. "But, I will say it was pretty crafty of you, and I'm here to give you a second chance."

Pandal rolled his eyes and stepped forward even more, "If I wanted a second chance, I wouldn't be here, standing and supporting my friends." Pandal told Alberta.

"So be it..." She sighed, "...boys? I think we need to teach these kids a little lesson in respect!" Suddenly, an entire army came into view, and we all stepped back a bit.

"I didn't want it to end like this Pandal, but you left me no choice." Alberta laughed, "And Brutus! Let's just say I'm not surprised that you didn't keep your loyalties." She sneered. "And now, for everything you two have done, and for everything all of you may do, I make it my mission to personally destroy all of you! CHARGE!!!" And with entire army running towards us, and we ran as fast as we could towards the mountain pass.
TO BE CONTINUED