CHAPTER FOUR: THE SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD

(told in perspective of Matthew)

I broke off from our team, looking in every tent that could possibly be holding Andrometa. And every tent flap I opened, the less confident I was she'd be in the next one. Where is she? I thought this would be way easier. Ok think Crustello, what tents could we eliminate that she isn't in? Then I remembered something Andrometa had said, "Cassandra probably won't be in any of these tiny tents since they are most likely for supplies and equipment, so that narrows the search down a bit."

"Thank you Andrometa!" I whispered, laughing at the irony that I was saving her with the very clue she came up with. I walked on, skipping over all of the tiny tents. Then I got to some tents that had name plates on it. The first one I came to said: "Agent Bright." Wait what was the Agent name Agent S called Andrometa? Agent...... NOVA! I quickly ran down the line of tents, searching for an Agent Nova name plate. Where is she? Where is she? I suddenly stopped. I had found the nameplate. I wanted to go into the tent, I wanted to see her again, but my feet wouldn't move, I was frozen. Why am I so afraid? It's just Andrometa. Yeah exactly. I shook off my doubts and opened the tent flap.

"Andrometa?" I whispered, looking around for her. I saw a bed, and a relaxed Andrometa lying on it. I don't remember the last time I had seen her so comfortable. I shook it off. Mission first, relaxing later. I walked over and shook her awake. "Andrometa! Wake up!"

(Andrometa's perspective)

I woke with a guy shaking me awake. But I didn't recognize him at first. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Oh shoot! I fell asleep!" I knocked the guy over and started apologizing. "Oh I am sooo so sorry! Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm good." Wait where had I heard that voice before? I knew that voice!

"Crustello?!" I yelled. He stood up and looked down at his feet. "What in the world are you doing here? Are you ok?"

"Look, Andrometa, I don't know what happened that made you do this, but I'm asking you, just this once. You need to come with us." Matthew pleaded. I looked down at the floor. "Please Andrometa! Danny's gonna blow up the entire camp! You need to come with me!" He had come back for me? Even I know your not supposed to do that on a mission.

"This wasn't part of the mission, was it?" I asked him, looking into his eyes.

"What isn't?" He asked.

"This, rescuing me."

"No, but I made it part of it anyway, I would never leave you to be blown up, never in a million years." Matthew laughed.

"Matthew, I-" suddenly I saw someone walk in my tent, and was that? "Matthew get down!" A gun shot put a hole in the tent. I looked back and realized it was Tony. "Tony? Don't worry! He's here to help! Please put down your gun! Tony? Tony!"

"You and I both know I can't do that." Tony continued to hold his gun at Matthew.

"Tony, please, I-I." I attempted to reason with him. Matthew put his hand on my shoulder and shook his head.

"He's not who he says he is Andrometa." Matthew told me. "Agent S recruited him to spy on you and get info on Media headquarters." My eyes widened and I looked towards Tony.

"Tony, is this true?" He shrugged and smiled.

"Andrometa, we need to get out of here! Now!" Matthew pulled on my arm. "Are you coming or not?" He intently looked into my eyes. And I finally nodded.

"Of course I'll go with you." I smiled. Tony was getting more jumpy by the second. He began pointing his gun at both of us. "Tony! Put down the gun!" Suddenly I saw him start to aim at Matthew. No, he wouldn't dare. He isn't THAT stupid. He took the gun off safety. Oh no, he really is that stupid. I could see he was about to pull the trigger, I could see it in his eyes. "Tony, don't." He looked at me one last time and mouthed the word sorry. My eyes widened and I jumped out in front of Matthew just as Tony pulled the trigger, and I suddenly felt pain in my right leg. I dropped to the ground in agony, screaming. Tony, someone who probably had never shot anyone in his life looked at me in horror, his face grew pale, and he fainted. Matthew was kneeling over my body, crying.

"Your gonna be ok Andrometa, I'm gonna make sure of it." I reached up and put my hand to his cheek.

"I know I'll be ok, because your here to take care of me." I gave a faint smile and the room went dark.

(Matthew's perspective)

Andrometa suddenly passed out. Why did she jump out infront of me? I should've been the one who was shot! Not her! She didn't deserve it! I wiped away my tears and I lifted her body over my shoulder. It was time for me to complete the mission I had come here for, to take Andrometa home. I ran as hard as I could, not caring if someone saw me or not. Danny had probably already set the explosives, and the others had probably already found the car and rescued the prisoner. I continued to run, I couldn't let this mission fail. I ran past the front entrance, past the unsuspecting guards, past the small tree in the front and all the way to the corner of the cliff where the car was hidden. And there, waiting for me was everyone else.

"Took ya long enough!" Danny rolled her eyes at my lateness. " Now get in the car so I can blow this lousy place to pieces!"

"Can't argue with that!" I joked. I gently put Andrometa in the seat next to me, and put her seat-belt on, she moaned.

"What happened to her?" Cassandra looked back from the driver's seat.

"Leg shot."

"Ohhhh." Danny jumped into the car and shut the door. The car took off and behind us I heard explosions. Danny was laughing maniacally in the seat next to me, Andrometa was moaning in excruciating pain, the rescued prisoner was yelling for us to let her go, and Cassandra was speeding again. This was going to be a great car ride home.
TO BE CONTINUED