The Dark Reunion Could Be Anyone.

(Author): I've decided to hand my laptop over to Kaidou for about an hour. He can write whatever he wants, so enjoy reading his work.

...

It was a dark and stormy night..

No wait, that's too cliche. 

It was a mildly dim and cloudy day with a slight chance of rain...

"HUAHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Our favorite hero, the Jet Black Wings, had just blasted several Dark Reunion agents with the Energy Conjuration ability he held in his left arm. The soldiers had no time to scream before they quickly disintegrated, their remains leaving with a gust of wind. 

He had defeated around fifty soldiers by now with his immense, overflowing power. The lair in which he was located was damp and stuffy. The Jet Black Wings knew his destination was near, simply by sniffing the air. 

"I can feel it in the air. He must be near.." Shun (aka the jet black wings aka ME) said to himself.

"You know what else is near? YOUR DEATH!!!!!" A soldier ambushed Shun from a door in the ceiling, but he was able to evade being caught in the electricity-infused net the soldier wielded. 

"You make a fool of yourself," Shun said, clutching his bandages. "Ambushing someone properly requires stealth, and you've shown me stealth is obviously something you lack!" He removed his wrappings for less than half of a second, exposing only the slightest bit of skin. The soldier was shot down by Black Beat immediately, when a ray of darkness escaped Shun's protective barrier.

Shun took this chance to run as fast as possible to the main chamber. He stopped before he could reach the corner of the corridor, so as not to reveal his presence, and listened in on the evil activities taking place. A voice he recognized, but could not put a finger on, spoke.

"Lock him up, and quickly. The Jet Black Wings could arrive any moment, don't let him know we have a hostage." The voice belonged to a young man. It was deep, cold, and slightly scratchy, but it boomed and bounced off the walls as he spoke. Shun could hear rattling of chains and clanking of iron, which could possibly be plates of armour. 

He stepped out into the chamber, and the only light in the room was what reflected off of himself. Shun could see a figure in heavy armour, which must have been the sounds he heard. The figure was almost twice his size and carried a large weapon, maybe an ax of some sort. Most of the room was enveloped in a cloudy darkness. The darkest of dark.

"Look who finally arrived," a voice from the darkness said. The same voice he had heard before. "Anything to say before the ultimate battle to the death?"

"Yes." Shun folded his arms, prepared to release Black Beat at any moment. "I am aware you are holding a hostage. Don't try to use them against me or I will kill you immediately."

"You're so amusing," the Voice taunted. "I doubt your power could do such things so easily."

"We'll see about that." Shun used radiation to light up parts of the room, and he could just barely make out the identity of the hostage.

"Shun! Is that you?" Saiki yelled, his voice quivering as he was immediately silenced by the darkness. {Why is this happening again? I've had enough. - Saiki}

"Don't worry Saiki, I'll get you out of here."

"He's so confident!" The Voice spoke again. "Let us see if he can compensate for his nerve! My most powerful brute will attack first."

The armoured soldier swung his ax in an intimidating fashion and stomped toward Shun. His steps were heavy and shook the ground.

"Hey, little guy. Afraid at all? You're so tiny, no match for my strength!" He laughed a gravelly, throaty laugh, and his plates of armour shook. "Get ready to be PULVERIZED!!!!!!"

"You're nothing compared to Black Beat! If you want to be spared, speak now!"

"Spared, schmared." The brute swung his ax over his head, nearly splitting Shun's skull in half, if he hadn't been able to dodge.

"Your barbaric strength will do no good." Shun removed his bandages, using the Black Beat technique just as he did before. It simply reflected off of the soldier's armour.

"Don't even try, pal! This armour is enchanted with.. uhhh.. what was it?"

"Dark Protection." The Voice sighed.

"Yeah, that!" He laughed again, his voice echoing inside his metal helmet.

"What a creative title for such a power. You have made a grave mistake, though." The soldier was confused by Shun's remark.

The Jet Black Wings channeled Black Beat's energy to his fingertips, where he was able to shoot the enemy directly in the small slit in the soldier's helmet. The barbarian yelled, falling backwards as he was blinded. His helmet fell off, clanging and rolling across the cement floor, revealing his true identity.

"Nendou...?" Shun was shocked. He had never expected anyone he knew, let alone one of his best friends, to be a member of the Dark Reunion. It was somewhat devastating, but he would not waver at a time like this.

"I'm sorry, little buddy. He took my pal for ransom, I didn't have a choice.." Nendou spoke his final words as he fell unconscious due to the ultimate power of Black Beat.

"NENDOU! STAY WITH ME..." The Voice laughed.

"You've got nothing left to lose, Jet Black Wings. It's time for you to fight me!" A small segment of the darkness separated from the rest of it. It started to expand, soon absorbing the light Shun was radiating. Shun's sense of sight was soon mutilated, leaving him with a dire disadvantage. His senses told him the figure in the darkness was coming near, as its breath seemed to draw closer and closer.

It was at this moment Shun could finally recognize the Voice.

"AREN!" 

The beholder of the Voice came to a halt.

"Shun."

They both hesitated, and the room grew quiet. The busily swirling clouds of darkness slowed. Everything seemed to slow down dramatically.

"Aren, I never thought-"

"No, be quiet." Aren continued to come closer at a much slower pace, stopping only inches away from the Jet Black Wings. "I have to kill you.."

"What happened?" Shun's voice was laced with sorrow.

"I can't tell you. It's got to be one of us. One of us has to die, so this can all be over."

"I'm your best friend, you can tell me anything!"

It became eerily quiet for a moment.

"Dark Reunion is currently holding my father captive," Aren sighed. "They said they would kill him if I didn't lure you here, so I.."

"I understand." Shun relaxed, and held out a hand toward his friend. Aren hesitated.

It was over as soon as it happened. Aren tore Shun's bandages off, releasing a stream of Black Beat. It came in sharp rays of purple and black, and targeted Aren immediately.

"AREN!!!! NO!!!" Shun cried out.

There was no reply. Aren was dead. Black Beat had gone out of control, and Shun couldn't do anything about it.

Being encompassed in his own raging power, Shun fell unconscious.

Looks like my hour is up! Wait, people won't actually read this, right?