✿ CHAPTER TEN ✿

Minutes turned to hours, hours turned to days and days turned to weeks

Minutes turned to hours, hours turned to days and days turned to weeks. Soon enough it was October and I was feeling comfortable and settled at Hogwarts.

Harry and I walked through the halls to class, stopping when we reached the entrance hall, unable to proceed. A large crowd of students were milling around a notice board that had been planted at the foot of the grand staircase overnight. Rising onto my tiptoes, I read the sign aloud to Harry.

TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT
The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving at 6 o'clock on Friday 30th of October. Lessons will end half an hour early. Students will return their bags and books to their dormitories before assembling in front of the castle to greet our guests before the Welcoming Feast.

"Brilliant," Harry said, grinning, "that's tomorrow! We have double potions that afternoon!" Chuckling, I pushed past the crowd of students surrounding the sign and Harry and I continued up the marble staircase, heading to Muggle Studies.

The appearance of the sign in the Enterance Hall had sparked excitement through the school, and it wasn't uncommon to walk past a group of whispering first years or hopeful seventh years when walking down the corridors.

Even the teachers, who were usually extremely level-headed, were on edge in anticipation. McGonagall had been seen instructing Mr. Flich on what portraits needed to be polished and cleaned, and Professor Snape had barked at Seamus Finnegan to 'kindly not explode anything while those from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang were present at the school' after the Irish boys pindberry potion had erupted, leaving the classroom in a of haze smoke.

When Ron, Ginny and I headed to breakfast on the morning of October 30th, everyone seemed to be on the edge of their seats, holding their breaths. The Great Hall had been decorated overnight, enormous silk banners hanging from the roof and walls, each representing a Hogwarts house - red with a golden lion for Gryffindor, green with a silver serpent for Slytherin, yellow with a black badger for Hufflepuff, and blue with a bronze eagle for Ravenclaw. The three of us took seats next to Harry and Hermione, Ron and I loading our plates with everything within arms reach.

We heard the familiar whoosh of the post above, and Hedwig, Errol, Emerald and Pigwidgeon came soaring down to greet us.

Emerald stuck out her foot, waiting for me to relieve her of the copy of The Daily Prophet she had brought, before she gave me a nip on my finger, hooted softly once and took off again.

All throughout classes that day, there was a pleasant feeling of anticipation in the air. Nobody was very interested or attentive during lessons, being much more interested in the arrival of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang. Even potions was more bearable than usual, as it was half an hour shorter.

When the bell rang early, Hermione, Ron, Harry and I sprinted out the door and hurried to Gryffindor tower, where we dropped off our books before sprinting back out to the entrance hall.