✿ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN ✿

At 6:30 on December 24th there was a knock on the dorm room door. Hermione and I sprung up to greet Camille.
"I'm here!" She greeted, laughing and engulfing me in a hug smelling of daisies and honey.

Hermione and I got each other's dress bags out from their hiding places, and agreed to show each other at the same time.

"Ready?" I said, practically holding my breath in anticipation.
"On the count of three," she nodded.
"One," I said.
"Two," She squealed,
"Three," We said the last number in unison as I pulled Hermione's purple dress out of the bag, and she does the same.

My jaw dropped at the same time hers does and the two of us squeal like the excited schoolgirls we are.

I changed into the dress, the silky fabric falling around me. Hermione changed and so did Camille, who was wearing a silky, baby pink dress that is literally the definition of elegance.

The three of us piled into the small bathroom that came off the dorm. Hermione had charmed the mirror beforehand to make sure we couldn't see ourselves until the very end, so I hadn't even seen the dress on me yet.

Hermione played around with my makeup, smudging product over it for what seemed like hours. She did my hair and then stepped back, admiring her work.

I dusted a light, cherry-coloured blush over her cheeks and smeared a pinky colour lipstick onto her lips. I put mascara and a light eyeliner on her but left her eyes bare of eyeshadow, wanting to keep it fairly natural.

Next was her hair. I heaved a breath, preparing myself for the transformation of my best friend's bushy hair. I brushed and layered product after product in her hair, making it sleek and straight before I set to work on the hairstyle, fingers nimble as I twisted her now-silky, brown hair into an intricate up-do. When I was finished, I stood back, admiring her work. Half of her hair sat in a detailed and complex knot while the rest fell around her shoulders. The hair that wasn't up, I had charmed it into delicate coils before stealing Lavenders hairspray and setting it in place.

Lastly, I retrieved some pink and gold earrings from Lavenders trunk (Lavender had said my lack of jewellery was a disgrace and I was welcome to hers anytime).

Hermione handed me a small package wrapped in glittering silver paper, addressed to me from herself.
"It was supposed to be for Christmas, but I think you should open it now," My best friend beamed at me, and I took the present from her. Opening it, I found a jewellery box containing a golden pair of earrings inlaid with glittering diamonds and a matching necklace.

"Hermione... these are..." I didn't even have words for what they were. They were the most gorgeous things I'd ever seen, let alone been given.
"You're welcome." She beamed at me, taking the box off me. She fastened the necklace around my neck as I popped the matching earrings on.

Camille had dressed and done her own makeup, her silky dark hair braided with intricacy and pinned up. I was astonished that she was able to do it herself. She wore dainty gold jewellery and heels, her makeup minimal but absolutely stunning.

With a wave of her wand, Hermione fixed the floor-length mirror so that I could finally see myself. The girl staring back at me didn't look a thing like Ruby Rose Weasley.

My red hair was done up into a loose, delicate bun, wispy pieces around the front were loose, framing my face perfectly. Rosy blush dusted my cheeks and my lips were tinted a soft pink. The emerald earrings and necklace matched the dress perfectly.

The dress was emerald green and silky and just about the prettiest thing I had ever seen. The whole dress was made of satin that drooped gracefully to the floor. The bodice of the dress was tight fitted and was the perfect size, hugging my body in the right places.

For a girl who spent most of her time in pyjamas reading, Hermione sure knew how to dress someone up.

With gold, strappy heels on my feet, I clip-clopped over to Hermione, flinging my arms around her neck.

"You are one fantastic witch." I breathed in her ear. "Thank you. Truly, thank you."
"No, thank you, Ruby," she looked at her own reflection in the mirror.
"I look... I look-"
"You look beautiful," I finished for her.

Camille rambled on about how gorgeous we looked, and we gushed about her dress and hair until it was time to go to the Great Hall. Taking a deep breath and checking the mirror one last time, I exited my dorm.

(((((A.N)))))

Yay!! The Yule Ball is about to begin!! How are you enjoying the story? Make sure to let me know!

Question of the chapter: What is your favourite place at Hogwarts and why?
Answer here: ⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨

Mine would be the Room of Requirement. I find it really cool that no matter how you're  feeling it will always hold something perfect for you.

Always,
xoxo