✿ CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE ✿

When I reach the picture of the fruit bowl, I tickle the huge green pear and watch as it transforms into a doorknob

I open the door to the kitchen and step inside, the wonderful , familiar smell hitting my nostrils. I write a mental note to thank Fred and George again for telling me how to get in.
"Elora? Miss Elora Weasley!" Dobby appeared from behind a corner and walked over to me. While I wasn't as close to him as Harry was, I often came to the kitchens to visit the happy house-elf and check in on him.
"Hello Dobby! You look well!" Today he was wearing a huge orange shirt and two mismatched socks, one a mustard yellow and one violet. A pointy, rainbow-patterned, cone-shaped hat sat atop his round head.

"Dobby is very well, miss! Dobby has been meaning to visit you! But Dobby is not sure if you wanted him to!" The house-elf squeaks.
"You can visit me anytime you like, Dobby." I smile at him.
"Miss Elora is a very kind witch." Dobby beams.
"I made these for you." I say, holding out the pair of rainbow socks I had knitted for the elf. "Happy Christmas, Dobby. Even if it's a bit late."
Dobby beams and his eyes go wide, the two tennis-ball shapes brimming with tears.
"Dobby loves them, Miss! Dobby will wear them every day! It is very kind of Elora to make them for Dobby!" He pulls off his socks and exchanges them for the new ones. "Dobby's feet are very warm!" He beams.
"I used magic yarn that will always stay warm." I smile.
"That is very kind of you, Miss."
"It was no worries. Do you think you could grab me three hot chocolates?"
"Dobby is happy to do anything for Miss Elora! Anything!"

The house-elf waddles off and returns a few minutes later with three steaming mugs of hot chocolate, ten marshmallows bobbing atop each of them.
"Dobby gave Elora extra marshmallows!" He beams.
"Thank you very much, Dobby."
"Would Elora be liking anything else?" Dobby asks me. At that moment, a dozen or so elves run over and surround me, thrusting plates of custard creams, jam tarts, cauldron cakes, pumpkin pasties and a myriad of other mouth watering foods at me. The house elves chat squeakily to me, encouraging me to take their plates.

I take a plate bearing a mountain of custard creams and thank the elf, who introduces herself as Polly, before walking over to the door out of the kitchen. I turn to face the room one last time, giving a wave to the many house elves. They grin and wave back, saying things like, "bye Miss Weasley!" And, "come again soon, miss!" In their high-pitched voices.

I charm the cups and plate to float behind me so that they don't spill as I sprint down the corridors to the library. Flinging the doors open, I slow my run to a walk and look through the aisles of books until I see a familiar looking pair of green eyes.

"Hey, Harry. Hermione." I nod at each of them.
"You're late." Hermione says, looking down at her bare wrist with a joking expression.
"Late, yes. But bearing gifts..." I take hold of the mugs of creamy hot chocolate, setting one down in front of each of us with the custard creams between us.
"Well in that case, you're right on time." Hermione laughs, biting into a custard cream.
"You really like marshmallows..." Harry says, peering into his cup.
"Dobby." Was all I had to say.
"Ah." He chuckles, taking a sip of the steaming liquid.

Hermione gasps loudly and spits her food into her plate.
"Er- Hermione is something wro-"
"Where did you get these?" She says loudly, her eyes wild.
"The kitchens?"
"From the house elves? I can't believe you!"
"Hermione they were literally fighting to give me their food." I huffed. I loved Hermione, but sometimes being her best friend had it's difficulties.
"Hmph." She grunts, crossing her arms over her chest. Harry fails to suppress a laugh.

"Right, so. The egg." I look at the golden egg sitting on the table between the three of us, still glowing brightly despite the dimly-lit room.
"Oh yeah." Harry said, apparently having forgotten the reason we were here. "Diggory talked to me. He said I should have a bath with the egg or something weird like that. So I took it and opened it in the bath, it still made that awful screeching sound, like a thousand owls were being tortured." He explains. Hermione and I nod along. "Myrtle told me that when Cedric was there earlier, he put it in the water. So I did, and it sang."

"It.. it sang?" Hermione says, bewildered.
"It sang." He assures.
"What did it sing?" I ask.
"Er- this." Harry pulled a slip over paper out of his robes and read from it like a poem. "Come seek us where our voices sound, we cannot sing above the ground. For an hour you'll have to look to recover what we took."
"That is... what on earth..?" My mind seemed to have been completely wiped blank.
"I know, right." He shakes his head. "I'm never going to make it past the second task."
"Yes you will." Hermione says confidently. "We'll figure it out."

✿✿✿✿✿✿Authors Note✿✿✿✿✿✿

Hey guys!! How are you all doing? I hope you're doing really well.

Question of the chapter: What country are you from? Answer here.    ⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨

I'm Australian.

I hope you're enjoying!
Lots of love,
xoxo