✿ CHAPTER FOURTEEN ✿

"Harry? RUBY!" Hermione gasped

"Harry? RUBY!" Hermione gasped. My eyes flung open and it took a second for me to register the gathering people at the bottom of the two staircases, all staring at me and the dark haired boy cuddled up on the couch together.

I quickly sprung up off the sofa, feeling heat rise quickly to my cheeks. Harry's eyes flew open too, and he looked up at me, turning a vibrant shade of pink.

"Er..." I tried to talk, but in the wave of shock and embarrassment no words formed. Harry and I shared wide-eyed glances before he started laughing. A crazy, loud laugh. Clutching his stomach, he rose from the couch, still chucking as he walked up the stairs to his dorm.

Hermione smirked at me before I shot her a an icy glare. If looks could kill, Hermione would be six feet under. Instead she giggled to herself and disappeared out of the portrait hole. Pushing bast the staring people, I ascended the stairs to my dormitory and opened the door marked 'fourth year girls'.  After changing into my uniform I headed to the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror.

A girl stared back at me, one with hazel eyes and straight red hair, freckles dusting on her nose and long, light eyelashes.

Wanting to look slightly nicer than usual after my 'moment' with Harry last night, I charmed my hair into loose coils (a spell I picked up from Mayfair Blayke, a loud and confident, beautiful girl in my dorm). I hastily applied some of Lavenders mascara and something that made my lips feel silky smooth (I found it in Lavenders makeup bag, which she said I was always welcome to use whatever I wanted out of).

Running out of the portrait hall and down to breakfast, I bumped into Draco Malfoy. Hopping left and right to try get around him, he blocked my path each time.
"In a rush, Weasley?"
"Yes actually, considering I want to eat this morning." With an almighty shove Draco stumbled backwards and I continued my journey to the Great Hall.

When I got there, I plonked down across from Harry and Hermione.

"Morning, Rubes." Hermione said with a smirk and a small chuckle. I kicked her under the table.
"Sleep well, Harry?" Hermione continued, pulling his leg. Harry smiled at me quickly before turning back to her.
"I slept perfectly, actually. Now would you mind keeping your big nose to yourself?" Harry teased.

Hermione dropped her smirk and scowled when me and Harry chuckled.

"Have you seen Ron?" Harry asked.
"Well, he was here before, but when you came running in he went to sit with Seamus and Dean." Hermione motioned down the table where my twin sat with the two other boys.

"I'll be back." I said quietly before walking down the table and plonking down next to my twin.

"You can't be serious," I hissed at Ron, whose head turned around to face me.
"You don't really believe him, do you?" His tone suggesting he reckoned I was stupid.
"Of course I do. Dead serious, okay? I thought he was your best friend! Your supposed to trust him!" I pleaded.
"You know what, Ruby? I thought he was my best friend, too. He was supposed to trust me."
"You're being stupid Ron. Just come sit with us, please?"
"Stupid? that's a bit rich coming from you. I can't believe you seriously think he didn't put his name in that goblet."
"I can't believe you seriously do." I huffed, before turning on my heel and rejoining my friends at the other end of the table.

"-I'm not telling him anything, tell him yourself!" I walked in on Harry and Hermione's conversation, but it didn't continue from there.

*****

Walking down the corridors to Potions class that afternoon was hectic. Everywhere you looked, people flashed green badges at you. They read "SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY! -the the real Hogwarts champion!" And spontaneously changed to "Potter Stinks!" Every few moments.

"Want a badge, Weasley?" Malfoy approached Harry and I with a crate of the things, jiggling them merrily.
"Sure!" I told Draco. Harry's face fell and I felt his eyes staring at me. I took a badge and Harry and I walked away.

"What are you playing at?" Harry accused me.
"This." I concentrated extra hard and tapped the badge with my wand. It started to swirl and the message disappeared, replaced by "POTTER ROCKS!" Harry grinned at me as I pinned it to my robe.

Harry and I arrived at the Potions classroom thirty seconds late, earning us a five minute long lecture and ten deducted points for Gryffindor each.

"Your antidote brewed last lesson should be complete by now," the potions master barked, "I will be selecting a student at random to test their potion, and if it doesn't work, you will have to deal with the consequences." He smirked in our direction.

Colin Creevey entered the room, waving madly at Harry.

"Good afternoon, Professor Snape, sir." He said in a bright voice, "I'm supposed to take Harry Potter upstairs, sir. Mr Bagman requests he bring all his things too, sir."

"Very well. Potter!" He barked, "you heard the boy. Off you go, chop chop!" Harry scurried out of the classroom, giving me a wave goodbye.

"Miss Weasley," the potions professor sneered at me, "your antidote, please." I shakily poured out a small vial of the translucent blue liquid from my cauldron. "Drink this." Snape thrust a clear glass into my hands full of a midnight blue, thick liquid.
"What is it?"
"A potion of my own design. While not fatal, should your antidote fail to protect you, you may face some time in the hospital wing with Madam Pomfrey."

Shaking, I gulped down the thick liquid. Pain erupted through my skull. Someone was screaming, a blood curdling, horrifying scream.
I had a strange feeling it might have been me. My vision blurred, I couldn't see well now. I picked up my vial of blue liquid from the desk.

The antidote dribbles down my throat, it was bitter but tasted slightly of lemongrass and raspberries. The pain eased, and then disappeared altogether. Professor Snape nodded curtly at me, whether he was impressed or annoyed that my antidote worked, I didn't know. Maybe he wouldn't see me as a complete and total waste of time anymore.

<><><><a.n><><><>

Hey guys!! How're you all going? I hope you're doing well and enjoying the story. Let me know if there's anything wrong with the story, or something you would like me to add!!

Question of the chapter: what is the saddest scene in the HP films?
Answer here:                           ⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨

The saddest scene for me is definitely when Hermione is tortured, followed by Dobby's death in Deathly Hallows part 1. Another heartbreaking moment is at the end of Goblet of Fire when Harry brings Cedric Diggory's body back.

If you enjoyed this chapter, maybe consider giving it a vote or leaving a comment.

Have a beautiful day 💫
xoxo