✿ CHAPTER THIRTEEN ✿

The whole castle seemed to be holding its breath today in anticipation of the Choosing Ceremony

"I hope it's Angelina," Hermione decided, after half an hour of debating with herself about who was more suited to being Hogwarts champion.
"Me too." I nodded in agreement as Ron and Harry exchanged looks, rolling their eyes.

Lessons seemed to drag along that day, and when the bell rang the four of us sprinted down the halls to the Great Hall for dinner, where, once we sat down, were joined by Ginny and Camille.

The feast felt like it took double the time it usually does, and when, finally, the golden plates and bowls were once again spotless and my stomach was full, Dumbledore stood up and took his position at the podium.

"Ladies and Gentleman! The time has finally come, and the Goblet of fire is ready to make its decision. When the champions names are called, I would like them to please come and walk along the teachers table and through to the next chamber, where they will receive further instructions." Dumbledore's gaze shifted from the sea of students to the wooden goblet, for the once-electric blue flames had turned a bright red. A piece of singed paper burst out the top, landing in the Hogwarts headmasters' outstretched hand, before the fire went back to its original blue.

"The Durmstrang champion is... Victor Krum." Tremendously loud applause echoed through the room, everyone seemed to be clapping and cheering, especially my twin, his eyes filled with admiration for the famous seeker.

Once again, the goblets flames turned scarlet, and another piece of parchment exploded out the top.

"The Bueaxbatons champion is... Fleur Delacour!" A quieter -but no less enthusiastic- applause rippled through the room as Fleur made her way into the next chamber.

The goblet's flame turned red once again, and Dumbledore read aloud the third and final sheet of paper.

"The Hogwarts champion is... Cedric Diggory!" Another loud applause - mostly from the hufflepuff table - echoed around the room, bouncing off the walls.

"Now that we have our three champions-" But Dumbledore was cut off, as once again, the goblets flames turned red and yet another piece of parchment floated out of it and into the headmasters hand.

"Harry Potter?" Dumbledore said quietly, yet loud enough that a few students toward the front of the hall started whispering madly, passing the news down the tables.

Every single head, without fail, had swivelled to look at the boy sitting across from me. Whispers bounced off the walls, echoing.

"He's not even 17!"
"He's a cheat!"
"This is an outrage!" Along with several swear words and things hissed in French and Swedish rippled through the room.

"Harry Potter." Dumbledore said louder.
"I didn't put my name in." Harry's startling green eyes stared into mine and I gave him a small nod. My hand searched for his under the table, and when I grabbed his hand a squeezed it once, he squeezed it straight back, looking down, though I saw his slight smile.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore yelled this time, and Harry reluctantly stood up and walked towards him, along the teachers table and into the next chamber. Madame Maxine, Karkaroff, McGonagall, Bagman and Crouch followed Harry inside mere moments later.
"Please remain calm. I will return in just a few minutes." Dumbledore addressed the students, most of which were angry or had their mouths gaping wide open. Dumbledore disappeared into the next chamber seconds before all hell broke loose.

*****

After Dumbledore, Madame Maxime, Karkaroff, Mr Crouch and Mr Bagman had emerged from the next chamber and coaxed the angry students into silence, we had been sent back to our dormitories.

I lay in bed, pattering rain on the windows filling my eardrums. After Harry had disappeared into the next chamber, Ron had gone into a state of outrage, and when Harry had arrived back into the common room later on, my twin had interrogated him on how he managed to to do it. When Harry had denied it, Ron swore at him before ignoring him all together.

I checked my clock. 1:37 was the time it read, and I had woken because of voices in the common room. Curious, I wrapped my blanket around my shoulders and tiptoed down the stairs to the fire.

Harry sat on the couch, head buried in his hands and talking to himself. No one else was in the room.
"Wand in a knot?" I asked him. When he lifted his head his eyes were puffy and red. He wiped his gorgeous green eyes with the back of his had.
"Oh." I said, taking in his watery eyes and half-hearted smile. "Are you okay?" I ask, feeling stupid because clearly he's not.
"No one believes me!" He sounded angry. "I did not put my name in that cup! My best friend doesn't even believe me." His voice wavered and cracks slighly.
"Ron might not," my voice was clear but soft, "but I do."
"You do?"
"I do." I reassured him. "I believe you, Harry Potter. I believe you with my whole heart, without an inch of doubt. I'm on your side."

I sat down on the couch right next to him, resting my head on the crook of his neck. He automatically put his arm around my shoulders and with his free hand he took mine.

⚯͛▕⃝⃤ ⚯͛▕⃝⃤ ⚯͛▕⃝⃤ ⚯͛▕⃝⃤ ⚯͛▕⃝⃤
A/N
Hope you enjoyed that chapter. I'm always open to suggestions on anything and everything! I would be more than happy if you would want to do a read for read, and give each other feedback!

Question of the chapter: what would your boggart be and what would you turn it into? Answer here: ⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨

I'm personally TERRIFIED of snakes and airplanes, but I'm not sure what I'd attempt to turn them into.
Hope you're well, I'm grateful for you.
xoxo