✿ CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX ✿

"Ruby Rose Weasley! Get your butt out of bed!" Next day, Hermione's voice pulls me from sleep, my head throbbing

"Ruby Rose Weasley! Get your butt out of bed!" Next day, Hermione's voice pulls me from sleep, my head throbbing. It seemed time, since the second task, had moved as slow as a flobberworm. Eat, lessons, eat, homework, sleep. Days melted into weeks and February dawned. "It's 12 o'clock! You're lucky it's Sunday!" My best friend tells me, though her words don't really sink in, because my brain is still foggy and half asleep.

"Harry's gone to the kitchens to see if he can sneak us some breakfast. Him, Ron, Ginny and I all missed it this morning, too." She explained.

"So why on earth do I need to be up right this instant if you've only just woken up, too!" I take in her bushy bed hair.
"I've been up for hours, reading!" She says, in a matter-of-fact tone.
"Right." I nod.

She mutters angrily to herself (something about kitchens and house elves) before leaving the room, her loud footsteps echoing as she descends the stairs.

I roll out of bed and change into a pair of flared jeans and a maroon sweater (an outfit I bought yesterday), before tying my hair up in a loose bun.

Still yawning, I stumble into the bathroom and run the tap on full-blast, freezing cold water. I collect it in my hands before splashing it up and onto my face.

"Ready?" Hermione says impatiently.
"Almost." I walk over to my nightstand and retrieve my golden heart locket, slinging it around my neck and fastening it at the back. I grab a pair of golden, ruby-studded earrings that Lavender gave me (because she didn't want them. Seriously that girl must be made of money!) and push them into the holes in my ear lobes.
"All done." I smile at Hermione.
"Great."

We rush down to the common room to find it completely empty of people, save for Harry, Ron and Ginny.

They've pushed two desks together to create a sort of buffet table, food and drinks placed up and down it.

Harry, Ron and Ginny sit on the couch around the fire, plates of food in their laps.
"Morning, Roo." Ginny says as I walk over to the table of food.
"Morning, Ginny." I mumble, grabbing a plate and loading it with toast and eggs. I pour myself a steaming mug of hot chocolate. A pile of marshmallows on a small plate sit next to the jug of hot chocolate, and I toss some into my mug before joining everyone at the fireplace.

"Quite a feast you've set up." I nod at Harry.
"Yep, it was super hard. I had to sneak it bast the elves and all!" He says in a sarcastic tone.
"They mustn't like you very much. I was in only yesterday and they were practically begging for me to take their food." I tease.

We sit like that for hours, talking and laughing and re-filling our plates over and over.

"Harry, why are you reading Witch Weekly?" Ron teases, peering at the magazine in Harry's hands.

"I just saw my name on the cover..." Harry trails off and continues reading for a while.
"Ruby! Have a look at this!" He says, suppressing a laugh before slamming the copy of Witch Weekly on the coffee table in front of him.