✿ CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN ✿

The following days pass without great incident, and just like that it's the weekend again

"Let's go, Ruby! You're not even ready!" Hermione grumbles to me. I am curled up on the couch by the common room fire reading A History of Quidditch.
"What do you mean? Where are we going?" I ask.
"Hogsmeade!" She huffs.
"Oh! I'm going later with Parvati, Mayfair and Lavender." I explain.
"You mean, you're not coming to see Sirius?" Harry asks from across the room.
"I wasn't invited." I shrug.
"Ruby, the man doesn't even know you exist. You're coming." Harry says sternly.
"Alright." I smile, and run up the stairs to get changed.

[][][][][][][]

Harry, Hermione, Ron and I trudge through the snow-covered streets of Hogsmeade.

"Hold on! There's just something I want to grab."I say to the others before darting away and over to a small shop. The building is covered in twisting vines and countless flower pots are displayed at the front. A small sign with the words Magnolia-Rose Tea Emporium hangs above the door in flowing cursive letters.

I open the door to the tea shop and an extremely tinkly bell goes off. Instantly my nose is hit with the delightful smell of flowers and tea leaves. I wander the isles, picking up bags of tea and searching until I find what I'm looking for. Rose petal tea. I grab two packets off the shelf, pay for them and rush back outside to the others.

We pass Dervish & Banges, and reach a stile at the end of the road. Harry hauls a large cloth sack with him, full to the brim with food. The four of us had gone down to the kitchens just before we left.

We wait at the stile for a while before a large, shaggy black dog appears.
"Hi, Sirius!" Harry says cheerily to the dog. Its tail wags happily and it barks before turning towards the mountains in the distance and begins trotting away. Confused, I shoot Ron a quizzical look, who mouths 'you'll know soon' in return.

We walk and walk and when we reach the mountains we start climbing. For an hour we travel further up the mountain until we reach a rock wall. We follow the dog around the wall and into a small, cool cave. In the corner of the cave is one of the strangest things I'd ever seen. It was a large animal, It's front legs and head somewhat resembled those of an eagle, but it's hind legs and tail were like a horse.

"Buckbeak!" Hermione says, bowing to the large creature who bends its two scaly claws in a returning bow. She walks over to the
eagle-horse-thing and sits down, stroking its neck and beak.

The shaggy dog lets out a loud bark before it's features begin to distort. It sits up on its hind legs and it's limbs begin to grow. It's neck grows and it's body fills out and soon enough I'm standing in front of a very ragged looking man. The fact that Sirius Black was a dog had been left out of the many retells of Harry, Ron and Hermione's adventure last year.