New Home

Jill's POV
"Hailey wake up, we're here" i say shaking her awake. She slowly lifted her head off my shoulder. "Good morning sleepy head. The train has arrived. We're in Florida, come on" i say. She groaned and got up. We got our stuff and stepped off the train. "Remind me why we went from North Dakota to Florida? And why we didn't take a plane?" Hailey groans. I huffed and rolled my eyes. "We've had this argument before. North Dakota sucks! Plus its warm here and I'm afraid of heights, that's why we took the train." I say. "Right ok. We have a house right?" She asks. "Yeah, I bought it. We just have to get an uber" i say. "On it" she says pulling out her phone.

We arrived at the house. "One story house?" She asks. "We agreed on this together" i say looking at her. She hesitated. "Oh yeah" she smiled. "You're an idiot. Come on" i say. We walked inside. "Wow, its nice." Hailey says. "Yeah. Our stuff should come in, in a few days" i say. "And for now we have sleeping bags" she says. "Yes we do" i say.

After being here for a week we got our stuff and started putting the house together. "We're sharing the master bedroom right?" She asks. "Yeah, that's why we got two twin beds instead of a queen" i say. "Ok" she says. When we finished, we stood and looked at our work. "Why did you buy a pool table?" I ask. "Because I like to play pool" she says. "You'll be playing by yourself then" i say. "That's ok" she says. I laughed and put my hand against the wall, leaning on it. A bright light came on the wall and we looked over. A pad had appeared on the wall and scanned my hand. I jumped back terrified. "What is that thing?" I ask. "Administrator detected. Welcome Jill" it says. A hatch in the floor opened downward and Hailey and I were standing on it. We fell into the hole and tumbled down to the room underneath.

"What is this place" Hailey said standing up. She helped me up. "I don't know. How did it know my name?" I ask. She shrugs. "This place looks abandoned" she says. A dim blue light lit the room. "The power is definitely drained" i say. We looked around. There's almost an infinite number of rooms down here. We opened a door. "No ones here. Just the spiders" Hailey says. "Who's this?" I ask. I picked up a photo frame. Its two boys. One with black hair and one with white hair. "Look" Hailey says. She tossed me another photo frame. It had the two boys but they were older and two girls that looked like their kids. "Look at the back" she says. I flipped it over. "The Blaster family?" I ask. She shrugged. I put it down and we walked out.

We walked to the table in the middle of the room. "This is so weird" Hailey says. I hummed in agreement and leaned back on the table. A bright light came from the table and it made a powering up noise. I jumped. "Stop touching things!" Hailey says. A projection shined on the wall across from us. We saw a woman sitting. "Who is that?" Hailey asks. I shushed her. I looked at the table and pressed a play button. The projection started moving. "Hi" the woman waved. We were confused but watched it. "My name is Briar. I don't really know what I'm doing right now but I figure that it is important. I started this. I moved away from home and after that everyone else moved away, including the arrows." She looked disappointed and looked down for a moment. "Florida no longer has super hero's because of me. I don't know how long it's been. It could be a year. It could be several decades from when I'm recording this. But I know that evil will return to Florida. It always does, its like the harbor of evil for some reason. Anyway, if you were able to get down here than you're apart of my family. You're my blood. Which means that its also in your blood to be a super hero. I know it sounds weird. For the longest time I didn't believe it either. I'm sure people have forgotten about the hero's by now but you need to bring them back. At least the arrows. They're way to important to not be there. If you're going to find anyone, it'll be someone from Metros family. Find someone, anyone who has a weird name like Metro. Trust me, they have arrow blood. I know you don't know me but I sent this here because at some point someone will find it and I really hope you can fix what I did. I'm sorry" she says. We looked at each other confused. "Briar!" Someone else in the recording yelled. "I'm coming Cash. Bye" Briar says and the recording ended. "What the hell" i say. "You're her descendant" Hailey says. "I guess so. What do we do?" I ask. "Well, lets get this place cleaned up and then we can work from there" Hailey says.

We spent all day cleaning the basement. Finding photos of the happy family that lived here long ago. "I still cant believe I'm from a family of heroes" i say. "We don't have to do what Briar said. For all we know its a joke" Hailey said. "But what if its not? You see these photos. Photos of friends and family. Look at these, they definitely look like they would be called The Arrows" i say pointing. "We cant just search around town for someone with a weird name. We're new to Florida. So maybe before we go off to be super hero's, we should settle in" Hailey says. "You're probably right" i say. "Yes. I am. Now come on, lets get some rest" she says. We went back up and I scanned my hand on the wall again. The hatch closed and the pad disappeared. I still know its there. We went to bed but I stayed awake the whole time. I never knew my family. I was adopted. Hailey has been my bestfriend since we were six. I wish I had someone to talk too about this but I don't. I don't know what to do.