New Years Kiss - NR

Prompt: You and Nat. Kiss. It's New Year's Eve. That's about it. 

I have no clue where I'm going with this. I just kept writing hoping it made sense in the end.

(970 words)

y/f/m = your favorite movie

Not proofread. Again. 

----------------------

31st of December.

New years eve. 

As always, Tony hosts a party in the tower for all the Avengers, as well as his other wealthy friends, who you may not know, but hey, there's free alcohol! This whole month, you've been working back-to-back missions, doing reports, and, attending meetings without a break. (A/N Because you are a girl boss, obvi) Honestly, Christmas has been your only break.

As you lay in bed, wrapped in a bunch of blankets with the stuffed frog Nat won you at the fair during one of your dates, you scrolled through tik tok. It was 7:45 pm and the party was starting at 8.

The bathroom door opened, and your girlfriend Nat walked out with a towel in hand, drying her hair. Your girlfriend smiled at you as she walked to the closet. With her back turned to you, you could see her back muscles flex through the tank top.

Natasha smirked slightly, "I feel you watching.".

With your eyes wide from embarrassment, you told her, "I wasn't watching anything."

"Sure, we'll go with that."

"Natty, I'm glad we're on the same page,"

As Nat browsed through dresses, she asked, "Why aren't you ready for tonight?".

As you approached Nat, picking up a simple gray dress and handing it to her, you said, "I don't think I want to go tonight,"

Then she looked at you, confused, "How come?" She raised the back of her hand to your forehead to check if you were feeling okay.

"I'm fine Nat, I'm just tired," you said, taking her hand.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" Nat asked, starting to put away the gray dresses

"I'll probably just sleep or watch Netflix," you said when you gave her the dress. Nat stared at you warily. Nat asked again, "Are you sure I won't have any problems staying here?" You laughed a little, "I think I'll be okay, Nat."

"Only if you're sure,"

"Don't worry I am,"

It was around 8:05 pm. When Nat was about to leave until she turned around to look at you. "What about our New Years' kiss?" Nat asked, pouting slightly.

You walked up to Nat, giving her a quick kiss on the lips, "How about, I come down 10 minutes before 12, then we can share our kiss, does that sound good?"

Nat smiled at you, "That sounds like a great idea Y/n, don't forget it," Natasha said, narrowing her eyes playfully at you before kissing your forehead and heading out the door.

Once Nat left, you went back to lay down on the bed and put on y/f/m. 

Your eyelids started getting heavy around 10 pm, and before you knew it, you were fast asleep with your frog by your side. 

Nat's POV (11:50 pm)

The new year was 10 minutes away, and Y/n hadn't arrived yet. This party was packed with people, mostly Tony's friends, and it was becoming more crowded by the minute. Everyone was trying to get into the living room, where Tony had installed a giant TV so everyone could watch the ball drop. 

Sitting on the couch, I waited five more minutes until Wanda entered the room. To see if Y/n was around, I walked up to her.

"Wands, hey!"

"Hey, Nat! What's up?"

"Nothing much, have you seen Y/n anywhere? She was supposed to be here five minutes ago."

Her eyebrows were scrunched up slightly as she tried to think. "Um..no, I haven't seen her since today afternoon. Why?"

"Oh alright, thank you, Wanda," I said while checking the time, 11:56

Trying to leave the living room to get to my room, I was stopped by a drunk Tony.

Woah, Romanoff! Where are you off to?"

"Stark, move out of the way. I have important places to be," I rolled my eyes.

Tony slurred slightly, "But you'll miss the ball drop,"

"I'm fine with that now move," I said as I pushed him slightly away from the doorway. He stumbled away and I walked to the elevator.

I started sprinting to the stairs since the elevator was taking too long to arrive.

I was sprinting in heels. 

It took me only 2 minutes to get up to our room, I opened the door slightly and saw Y/n on our bed, holding her frog, snoring slightly. I inaudible awed at the sight and made my way over to her. 

"Y/n, wake up," I whispered, shaking her slightly.

"No" she groaned and stuffed her head underneath the pillow.

"The new year is about to arrive in about 20 seconds, I still want that kiss," 

"Huh," Y/N said as she lifted her head from underneath the pillow and looked around. Her eyes landed on the clock next to her, 11:59 it read. 

Ten...

We started to hear everyone underneath us count down

Nine...

Eight ...

Seven...

Six...

Five...

Four...

Three...

Two...

One...

Happy new year! Everyone downstairs cheered. 

I smiled at her before cupping her face, bringing her closer. Bringing her into a soft kiss, I pressed my lips against hers. Pulling back slightly, I smiled at her again as I held her face.

I whispered, "Happy new year, Y/n."

Once more, she pecked my lips and whispered, "Happy New Year."

After having had enough of the party, I slipped my pajamas on and decided to go to bed.

Y/n was laying beside me as I got into bed, her hands wrapping around my waist, her head resting on my chest. I gave her a peck on the forehead and fell asleep surprisingly fast. 

------------------------------

I haven't updated this in a week so.... how y'all been... 

I have like 3 unfinished chapters in this book so I'm going to try and finish those and upload them :)

Started: June 27, 2022

Uploaded: July 3, 2022