Chapter 3

Next day, Rathore Mansion was being decorated for Imlie & Aryan's engagement ceremony which was scheduled in the evening.

The jeweller was called for the rings and other wedding jewellery. Except the bride & the groom, everyone was selecting the jewellery. Imlie had given Meethi enough cash & her card that she could buy 2 jewellery for each function.

Meethi was happy that she could buy jewellery for her daughter's in-laws to give as gift. She brought a gift for her son in law as well. At least no one would taunt them about the quality & quantity of gifts that the bride's family would give to groom's family. She could enjoy her daughter's wedding with her head held high.

Meethi had been worried about Imlie's future after her divorce. She was about to suggest about remarriage. But Imlie had surprised her with this news. Aryan surely was someone who is considerate & considers them as his equal. He doesn't look down upon them like someone did in the past.

Imlie, meanwhile was in her room in Rathore Mansion. She had already packed her stuff when she was originally shifting to her new flat.

But Imlie was nervous, her college results was to be declared today. She refreshed the website. Finally, she logged in, entering her exam id & DOB. She had secured 93% overall & was in top 10 rank in her college.

"Imlie" Aryan called, entering her room. He saw the website & understood her exam results was out.

Aryan could see she was very shocked. "Congratulations" he said & hugged her. Imlie realised Aryan was the first person she wanted to inform about her results. She was elated that he was happy & felt proud of her.

Arpita interrupted & said "Dulhe raja zara tyaar hone jaaye aur dulhan ko bhi tyaar hone de. Nahi toh Satinder hai hi line mein " Arpita said teasing Aryan.

"What is this didi. Shaadi meri hai aur Dulha swap karne ki saazish aap kar rahi hai. Imlie zara dekh kar dulhe se shaadi karna. Koi aur hua toh shaadi mat karna" Aryan said.

"Ha..UNBji aap se hi shaadi karegi Imlie" Arpita said and pushed him out of Imlie's room.

Imlie got ready for her engagement. The outfit that she wore was a beautiful velvet designer saree with jewellery which Narmada had gifted her.

Aryan looked at rings, he had bought for the engagement. It was a beautiful platinum his & her ring set. He was waiting for Imlie, dressed in a black tuxedo with maroon tie matching the colour of Imlie's outfit.

The guests were only a handful of people including Arpita, Narmada & Meethi. Arpita teased Aryan "UNBji dulhan bhag nahi jayegi, don't worry. Baar baar dekhne se Imlie jaldi nahi aayegi"

"Didi..aap.." Aryan cut off when he saw Imlie. She was looking absolutely breathtaking.

"Taakte rehte tujhko saanjh savere
Nainon mein bansiya jaise nain yeh tere
Tere mast mast do nain
Mere dil ka le gaye chain" he heard Arpita sing looking at him.

Imlie walked towards the small makeshift stage, she was very nervous. This was her first time getting engaged. Although, she was married before, these pre-wedding rituals were not performed. She missed out a lot. She was happy that Arpita suggested to do these functions.

"You're looking very haw..beautiful" Aryan corrected himself. He was going to say hot.

"Tum bhi hero jaise handsome lag rahe ho" she complemented back.

"SRK se zyaada handsome" he asked comparing himself with her favourite hero.

"Nahi..SRK baadshah hai, dillo ka" he replied.

Aryan said "Tum apne honewale husband ke saamne kisi aur ki tareef kar rahi ho"

Imlie simply replied "Ha."

Arpita interrupted their banter "Engagement karna hai ya nahi" she said

"Koi mujhpe focus karegi toh na..aaj mera engagement hai." he complained to Arpita.

"UNB tum jealous ho, SRK se. He's the king of romance. Tumhara koi chance nahi. Accept karlo & stop comparing" she replied.

The rings were exchanged. And Aryan felt elated.

Aryan entered Imlie's room that night "Tumhara gift" he said.

He had given her a letter. "Don't open it now" he said & went to his room.

Meanwhile, Dev Chaturvedi was disgusted with the Tripathi's who had audacity to stay at his home while his daughter was in jail. His son-in-law was preparing to divorce her again & trying to woo his other daughter. He had given them ultimatum to leave this house which was the reason why AKT & his father was house hunting in Jaipur & other members had shifted temporarily to Nishant's friend's house. Nishant's friend had rented them his flat while he was out of town.

Malini was not well. She was stressed, crying & on top of that pregnant which took a toll on her health. The doctor was arranged who had advised her rest & not to take stress & submitted his report to the police officials.

Aryan looked at his ring, he couldn't believe he was engaged. He was glad he had agreed Arpita's suggestion instead of court marriage. This way Imlie could celebrate her new beginnings which she had missed the first time. He could see how happy she was during her engagement.

Mrs. Imlie Aryan Singh Rathore, he thought smiling to himself.