Chapter 4

Unaware of the events, AKT tried to call Imlie but she wasn't responding to his call.

Aryan heard music playing loudly, the next morning. He went to investigate, he saw Imlie & his didi Arpita dancing. They finalising DJ for sangeet.

"DJ wale babu mera gaana chalna chahiye, ye kya techno, edm. Dhin chak music bajna chahiye" Imlie said.

Aryan looked at Imlie, she seemed happy. Only she didn't have time for him. She was always with his sister Arpita or sometimes with his mother or both. But, she never took initiative to spend time with him.

Dancing Imlie went to Aryan, " Nacho Akkadbagge" at the same time Psycho Saiyaan started playing. Imlie laughing tried to dance with Aryan who was still sulking.

Arpita joined in & they both were dancing around Aryan.

"Dulhe Raja aapki hi shaadi ki taayari chal rahi hai" Arpita said.

"Didi aap aur Imlie dono enjoy kar rahe aisa lag nahi raha meri shaadi hai" Aryan complained.

"Imlie, Aryan ke sath jao time spend karo" Arpita ordered "Ab Khush"

Aryan said nothing & looked at Imlie to see how she would react.

"Aapki baat ko mana kaise kar sakti hu " she said to Arpita, who winked at her.

Sulking, Aryan went back to his room without commenting on Imlie's generous nature.

Imlie followed him, "Akkadbagge" she said in a singsong voice.
"Don't talk to me" Aryan said to Imlie.
"Theek hai" she replied in same singsong voice & went back to Arpita Didi.

Ye ladki ko meri padi nahi hai. Mujhe mana ne ki bhi zaroorat nahi samjhi, Aryan thought.

He was still sulking during lunch. When he noticed, Imlie wasn't there on the dining table.

He went to her room "Tum lunch ke liye nahi aayi" he asked her.

"Hum tumse baat nahi kar rahe" she replied.

He went to her, pulled her close to him "Kha lo warna dance nahi kar paogi. Tumhari shaadi hai na, enjoy nahi karna." He said.

"Hum..hum.." she trailed of.

"Hum kya, Imlie?" He replied.

"Hum ne suna tum former Mr. India runner up ho" then she started laughing.

He looked at her, it gave her a great pleasure to tease him. He was willing to do anything to see her carefree, smiling & laughing. Instead of behaving like she's carrying the world on her shoulders.

Sundar, ex-cook at Tripathi Niwas had left them when he saw how they had treated Imlie. A Tripathi Bahu as their maid. Suddenly, he felt that Tripathi's were classist. Had he married secretly into the Tripathi's, he would have face the same consequence although less severe than Imlie. They treated friendly as along as a distance was maintained. Although they always treated him like a member of the family, in reality he wasn't one.

Tripathi's made it clear that day when argument arose when it was revealed Imlie was married to AKT. He clearly remembered Aparna saying "Agar koi family member jaisa maan ke haas bol le iska ye matlab nahi ki shaadi bhi karwa denge".

So he left, to pursue a career as a restaurant chef. He knew if he continued working as a cook in someone's home, he won't be respected.

After his stint in couple of restaurants, he gained enough experience to own a business in catering. His little catering business was famous around the nearby areas. He had catered around 10-15 families for their various functions. Because of word of mouth, he gained more customers even repeat customers.

Arpita heard about him through a friend who had hired him to cater her family function. So Arpita called him and asked for appointment to sample his food. She went that afternoon & tasted his famous dishes. She was impressed with the taste & quality of food while Sunder was impressed with her humble sweet nature.

She booked him to cater at the wedding. But she still wanted her mother & Imlie to taste his food also. So, she asked him to pack a sample.

Imlie looked at Aryan who was working in hall. She realised what he said earlier about not spending time with him was true.

Imlie sat besides Aryan & said " Tum abhi bhi gussa ho mujhse" she asked.

But Aryan didn't reply. He wanted to see how she would pacify him.

"Tum humse baat nahi karoge toh Arpita didi se daat khaoge" she said.

"What" Aryan exclaimed.

"Call kare didi ko" she said

"Tum humare beech, didi ko kyu la rahi ho" Aryan said.

"Theek hai nahi laate hai" she replied.

"Jungli" he said.

" Tum khush toh ho naa, Imlie" Aryan asked seriously.

"Ha, ab kya stamp paper pe likhe" she asked him. Imlie was touched, he cared enough to ask how she was feeling. After being neglected, humiliated & rejected, she felt surreal. She sat besides him, lost in her own thoughts subconsciously keeping Aryan company.

Aryan was happy to have her besides him.

Ho Meharbaan
Dekha Hai Tujhe Pehli Dafa
Ho Meharbaan
Dekhun Main Tujhe Sau Martaba

Palkon Mein Kaid Hoke
Reh Jao Tum Mujhi Mein
O Yaaram

Rabba Ise Keh Doon Kya
Mera Hum Dum Hum Dum
Rabba Ise Keh Doon Kya
Mera Hum Dum Hum Dum

In Aakhon Mein In Baaton Mein
Sunta Hoon Koyi Sargam
Rabba Ise Keh Doon Kya
Mera Hum Dum Hum Dum

Katron Ki Pyaas Thi
Saagar Mujhe Mil Gaya
Sooraj Ki Parte Khuli
Andhera Chhan Gaya

Sonh Rabb Di Tera Ho Gaya Ve
Sonh Rabb Di Dil Kho Gaya Ve
Lamhon Ka Nahi Sangam

Palkon Mein Kaid Hoke
Reh Jao Tum Mujhi Mein
O Yaaram

Rabba Ise Keh Doon Kya
Mera Hum Dum Hum Dum
Rabba Ise Keh Doon Kya
Mera Hum Dum Hum Dum

In Aakhon Mein In Baaton Mein
Sunta Hoon Koyi Sargam
Rabba Ise Keh Doon Kya
Mera Hum Dum Hum Dum

Ho Meharbaan
Jeene Ke Liye Kaafi Hai Tu
Ho Meharbaan
Thoda Sa Main Hoon Baaki Hai Tu

Rehna Toh Hai Kahin Pe
Reh Jao Tum Mujhi Mein
O Yaaram

Rabba Ise Keh Doon Kya
Mera Hum Dum Hum Dum
Rabba Ise Keh Doon Kya
Mera Hum Dum Hum Dum

Inn Aakhon Mein Inn Baaton Mein
Sunta Hoon Koyi Sargam
Rabba Ise Keh Doon Kya
Mera Hum Dum Hum Dum