Chapter 16

Aryan opened his eyes which took a lot of effort. He realised he was in hospital.
Imlie was sleeping with her head on his arm clutching his hand.

He looked at her & sighed.

Aryan was searching for his phone but couldn't find it. He took Imlie's phone and entered her passcode. He dialled his security detail's number.

Imlie woke up and looked at Aryan. He was awake & was on a call with his Maa.

Aryan's head was bandaged, his arm was in a cast, few of his ribs were bruised.

Worriedly, Imlie moved towards Aryan trying to help him when she saw him trying to sit up. Aryan looked at Imlie & said "Tum chinta mat karo. I'm Aryan Singh Rathore, mujhe kuch nahi hoga."

Rahul called a number on his phone "Mamaji, Wo Aryan Singh Rathore bach gaya..hospital mein hai"

He heard what is Mamaji said & smiled, "Aapki ulti ginti shuru, Mr Rathore."

Rahul had joined Bhaskar Times as an intern just to get close to Aryan as his Mamaji had instructed where he noticed Aryan & Imlie getting close. Rahul would often pass along the information to his Mamaji.

Aryan noticed Imlie was not leaving his side, getting panicky whenever he was taken for tests. She would hold his hand but Aryan didn't pointed out Imlie's behaviour. He knew she was very scared of losing him. Because of which, she was always staying near him.

That night, Imlie laid down next to Aryan. Her head on his arm which was cast free.

"I love you, ABP" she said quietly. Aryan was shocked to hear Imlie's confession. He looked at her, kissed her forehead and replied "I love you too meri Jungli billi".

Seth Purandas had sent one of the Bhaskar times employee Ranjit to kill Aaryan after his nephew Rahul failed to kill him. Ranjit was easy to fool and brainwashed. Rahul during his internship had trapped him. He used to pass on the information to Seth Purandas after Rahul had finished his internship.

But unfortunately, Ranjit was caught by ABPs security even before he entered the hospital.

Ranjit confessed to everything and Seth Purandas & Rahul were caught and punished for murder, attempted murder  & other charges.

ABP was discharged after a month.

Imlie looked at him while he was talking business on his phone one night. She held his hand to grab his attention.

Aaryan disconnected his call & diverted his attention to Imlie.

She didn't say anything but kept looking at him. Aaryan kissed her on the lips, "tum aise mujhe mat dekha karo".

This had become a norm after the impromptu confession, Aaryan caught Imlie staring at him on different occasions.

"Aakadbagga, tum na.." Imlie trailed off

"Apni wife ko hi kiss kiya hai" ABP replied back and hugged her to sleep.

Imlie loved Aaryan, she never thought she  would love someone again after the betrayal she faced. She didn't had courage to do so. But this man, he protected her, loved her and made her believe in love again.

He is the hero in her life.