Drunk Over What? Love?

Theme Song- Blue & Grey  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amnspvOH-EE

November, 2021

I sipped the rest of the soup, before leaning back and looking at Jimin with a soft smile. "Thanks for this."

"You deserve it, you've been working hard," he said, pushing his plate back and taking a drink of water.

"So have you," I responded, looking outside, watching the rain trickle down on the window. "You guys have been working really hard too. Especially you."

Jimin shrugged, sitting back and watching my every move. We had small talk, as we waited for the rain to die down, but it almost seemed like the weather was getting worse.

Jimin sighed, as he looked out the window. "And now it's snowing, I guess we won't be able to really drive around much, without getting stuck in the snow."

I gave him a soft smile. "It's okay, we can go home and chill."

He nodded and began explaining to me that the meeting with BIGHIT was going to be a little different. Jimin told me to just come with confidence, but it's nothing to worry about. He explained how they just need an extra voice in something and everyone voted on me to join the meeting.

"I'm still going to be nervous," I said, pouring myself a glass of wine. I phoned a taxi, so we could get home. We talked a bit more, waiting for our ride, and continued to drink and laugh. I could feel the wine getting to my brain, and I could sense we both were a bit drunk.

"Jimin, despite that we're drunk, I really want to confess something." I swallowed, looking at him. "I-"

"Jaylee, no way!" I heard a familiar voice shout from behind me. I turned around and saw four people gawking at me, and three familiar faces. The jewelry shop cashier woman, a random young man, Robert (my ex...) and Rosie. My eyes widened and I stumbled in their direction, followed by Jimin.

I gasped and smiled. "Rob? Is that actually you?" He stood up and nodded, towering over me.

"Indeed, and I'm pretty sure you remember Rosie and Tiana from your school," he said, gesturing at the two women sitting across from him.

Rosie only rolled her eyes and Tiana clapped her hands. "Can't believe you no remember!" Broken Korean slipped out of her, just like the first encounter.

"I am so sorry, I didn't recognize you," I said to Tiana, though my eyes were stuck on Rosie.

"No problem," she said, taking Rosie's hand. "We a couple!"

"That's great!" I smiled, turning back to Rob.

"So is this your boyfriend?" He asked, turning to Jimin. "Nice to meet you, I've seen you on TV and heard you on the radio a couple times. From BTS right? The names Robert, I'm Jaylee's ex."

I shook my head, as Robert offered a hand to Jimin. "No he's not my boyfriend, we're just friends."

"Ah," he smiled, shaking Jimin's hand. I noticed Jimin had a look of concern on his face, as he pulled away, looking at me.

"What brings you here to Korea?" Jimin asked plainly, as Rob only chuckled.

"I was trying to get in touch with you, Jaylee, but instead they gave me your old roommates number. Rosie and I got in touch and then bam, I came to visit her and her girlfriend in Korea. What were the odds to see you, such a famous person, and an old friend, here late at night!"

I chuckled weakly, noticing Jimin seemed a bit uncomfortable around my ex. "That's nice."

Robert sighed, looking back at the table for a moment, then back at me. "I'm sorry Jaylee, I shouldn't have left you like that."

"Don't be, that was like, what, six years ago?"

He smiled weakly, taking my hand, and planting a kiss on it. "I missed you, you know?"

"I missed you too."

"We should catch up sometime, maybe have some coffee, how does that sound?" Rob smiled, spinning me around like a ballerina. I giggled, pinching his cheeks.

"Perfect!"

Jimin stepped back, looking down at his phone. "I- uh, the rides here. I'll be in the car, waiting, Jaylee."

My smile dropped, as I saw Jimin turn away and leave the almost empty restaurant. "Jimin?" I called for him, but he slammed the door before I could finish calling his name.

"Anyways! Meet my-"

"Robert, I am so sorry, but I really got to go!" I frowned, rushing to the door, and climbing into the car, looking at Jimin, who only turned away. "I am so sorry about that!" I panted, putting on my seatbelt.

"Don't talk to me," he crossed his arms and looked out the window.

For the rest of the car ride home, we stayed silent. Just like he said, I didn't speak to him, and he didn't speak to me. What did I do wrong?

"Right here is fine, thank you," Jimin said, climbing out into the late night cold air. I followed him, as he walked inside the front door and took off his coat.

"Jimin?" I said quietly.

For the first time in thirty minutes, he looked me in the eyes. I could see tears forming, and my heart sank. "Jay, all I want to do is make you happy. I wanted to be the one that you could have a shoulder to cry on, someone to hug. I guess you like someone else. Still have feelings for you ex-fucking-boyfriend, huh?" he turned his back towards me, and made his way to the staircase.

"I don't like Rob that way! I was drunk, so I acted a little funny, that's all! I like you Jimin! You're my mochi..."

"No I'm not. Not anymore at least." He walked up the stairs, and I could hear him slam his door shut.

My knees sank to the floor, and tears fell from my eyes. The day I was planning to tell Jimin I thought of him more than just a friend, everything goes to shit. I slowly walked up the stairs, and hopped into the shower, letting the mascara and eyeliner burn my eyes. I got out, put on some sweats and a hoodie, and walked out into the hall to see who was awake. I checked the time real quick, noticing it was 1:30am but shrugged, trying to find someone awake. Taehyung's lights were still on, so I softly knocked on his door.

He opened it, and looked me up and down, with wide eyes. "Oh shit, what happened?"

"I was going to tell Jimin I liked him, and then I got drunk, my ex came along, flirted with me, and I jokingly went with it and now Jimin's hurt and now I can't call him my Mochi anymore," I started crying again, crashing onto his bed.

"Woah woah woah! Slow down," he sat down next to me.

I explained to him the whole situation. I told him my true and honest feelings about Jimin, and how I screwed everything up. Tae, surprisingly, was a good listener.

"So you go to your ex for advice?" he asked.

"Tae you're the only one awake, I had no choice!" I shoved him and lay flat on my back, wiping a couple tears.

He chuckled, resting his hands in his lap. "I have an idea. I'll talk to Jimin tomorrow, after the meeting. Give him some space, maybe like a week, then do something for him that will make him happy, you know? And also, don't tell Yoongi."

I nodded, sitting up, and brushing my hair back. "Why can't I tell my brother though?"

"I overheard Suga yelling and Jimin about how you and Jimin can't date, because it'll be weird. Something along the lines of he sees Jimin as a brother, and you're his sister so it won't work out."

I sighed, looking at a photograph of the eight of us, and of course, Jimin was next to me in the photograph. I shook my head, standing up, and walking to the door. "Thank you hyung. This actually means a lot to me."

word count: 1346