C H A P T E R 2

"What about this swimsuit Steve does it look good?" I twirl around taking a look Into the long mirror on my wall. This doesn't quite feel like me, it's very vibrant and shows a little bit too much skin for my liking. I would draw way too much-unwanted attention to myself.
"Yeah, you look nice."

"Ew, I hate when men compliment me," I say jokingly punching him softly on his arm.
"Ouch. Then why did you invite me over to help you get ready? I don't even know why you're getting ready, for Christ sakes Robin your just going swimming."

I guess you could say this was true, I know it's just swimming. But it's just I've never really felt like this for anyone before.
"One you're my only friend at the moment, and two I have liked Tammy for like six years and this is the first time I get to hang out with her so it has to be perfect."

I walk into my closet in search of another swimsuit, unfortunately for me my swimsuit collection is very limited, so my only other option is a black one-piece swimsuit. I pray that this still fits me, I have gained a lot of weight lately.

I make my way Into the bathroom and slip into the black one-piece. I hope this doesn't make me look fat or anything. I walk out of the bathroom and stand in front of the mirror, checking it out.

"I like this one, to be honest, you?" I half lie, but only half so it doesn't matter.
"Sad."
"What? What the hell is wrong with you Steve."
"It's sad that I'm your only friend." "You know what I'm going to find you some more friends."

"God, it took you that long to think to say that?"
"Sorry but no offense, Steve but I don't want to be friends with a bunch of children."
"Still more friends than you." He laughs
"Oh shut up," I say
"Okay, this one's it," I say looking in my mirror more like the only option. I look down at the clock 6:49 "we should get going Steve."

We walk down and into Steve's old beat-up car.
"It's always I'm either the babysitter or the goddamn driver." He laughs
"I guess you're just cursed to do others biddings" I laugh looking out the car window, counting the trees as they pass us by."
"Ooo turn this up" material girl by Madonna started playing I love this song.
I and Steve start singing the lyrics loudly and off-key.

"Some boys kiss meeeee"
"Some boys hug mee"
" I think they're okay."
"If they don't give me proper credit"

Singing with Steve helps calm my nerves, singing with Steve helps calm the awful thoughts in my mind.

She won't like you.
She will probably think your ugly.
She probably just feels bad for you.

"CAUSE WE ARE LIVING IN...."
"A material worldddddd"
"And I am a Material girlllll"

The song stops right as we get there, all the thoughts slowly coming back into my head.
"Have fun robin, but not too much fun do I have to pick you up?"
"No thanks, I'll be fine I think, bye Steve thanks for the ride!"