C H A P T E R 14

Robins pov!
Tw: use of the f slur

It had been exactly eight weeks since the last time I talked to Tammy Thompson. The cold raw feeling of rejection still running through robins mind. The words that Tammy had said still stinging, like a never-ending reminder,

You're nothing but an annoying little faggot.

I had finally gotten Tammy off of my mind, replaced by a new more comforting person, a person that smells like fresh roses, sunshine, and rain. A comforting smell, a smell that makes her smile, as she thinks about the neat well put together girl, with a completely different style than hers. With a laugh that sounds like a melody replaying in her head.

The melody is interrupted, by her mom's harsh voice.

"Get over here Robin, there's someone who wants to talk to you."
I walk out of my room and make my way to the kitchen where the phone is. I'm greeted by my mother, who smells of cigarettes, and alcohol.

She passes the phone to me, gives me a dirty look then walks over to the fridge, grabbing yet another drink from the fridge, letting the fridge door slam harshly behind her.

Mom had always been a drinker, well she was sober before I was born. I don't blame her being a young single mom is hard. And I well don't make it any better with my big mouth. She says that her drinking "isn't a problem." Both of us know that's bullshit.

She claims it helps her "calm down, and forget about everything." It feels like my fault, maybe if I wasn't so annoying? Maybe if I didn't run my god damn mouth? Maybe if I wasn't the one that made dad want to leave.

I pick up the phone and place it near my ear, "hello this robin speaking, who may I have the pleasure of speaking to?"

"Hey, Robin.." Robin immediately knows whose voice it is. The fear of stone-hard rejection came back to her, hitting her like a brick. It's Tammy's mother fucking Thompson.

"L-listen robin I'm sorry." Her voice cracks at the word sorry, and her soft sobs can be heard in the background, as well as her hands tapping the side of the phone. "I'm such a j-jerk, I was just so scared I-." Robin began to get chills, she had never heard Tammy like this, Tammy is far too perfect to cry.

"C-can we meet up later I want to talk in person." Robin was confused by this statement, why would she want to meet up with me? Why in person? Why do I feel sort of bad for?

"Yeah, just please calm down. No need to cry silly." I wonder, did Tammy feel bad for rejecting me? Did she feel bad for calling me a fag?

"Robin get your ass in here!" My mom yells from the living room, shit. She was probably even drunker than before.

"I've got to go, meet in the woods at six?"
"Yes, that's perfect by-." I hang up the phone and immediately run over to the living, my mom is sitting on the couch beer and hand, watching some sitcom on the tv.

She looks over at me up a down "you look like a slut." These words hurt, I'm used to my mother's snarky painful remarks when she's drunk, this seems uncalled for but maybe this shirt does show a little too much skin, and maybe my shorts are too small. I put my arms around my stomach covering it.

"Sorry I was going to change Anyway, I was just going-."
"God, god Robin what have I told you? Stop talking so much it's annoying." Robin hates that word.

She hates it because it's true.

Nothing but a useless,
Annoying, fag.

Robin wants to speak back, but she never does, dad would. Dad would defend me, but dad isn't here he left because of me. I hate him, but I miss him.

"I'm going out of town, for a few weeks, a month who knows." She takes another sip of her beer and then takes out a cigarette, then she takes a big puff, letting the smoke pour out of her mouth.

"How much money are you leaving me?"
Put she spits out almost laughing at this "you have a job, plus theirs probably enough food to last you ages."
No. my work barely pays shit, half of the time, mom makes me give her some of the money I make to "support the family" but we all know she just gambles it all away or spends it on drinks and cigarettes.

I'm not even hundred percent sure she's going on this thing for a "work trip." It's hard to believe anything she says because most of it is bullshit lies.

God, knows their not enough food in the fridge, to support a young girl like me but that doesn't matter because I need to lose weight anyway.