20

YOU AND your friends stood there awkwardly, no words were exchanged as you and the other five glanced towards each others' eyes

YOU AND your friends stood there awkwardly, no words were exchanged as you and the other five glanced towards each others' eyes. thankfully, your mother easily broke the unwanted tension by chuckling.

" ah! he's grown so much now too, what's... his name? " heusalette reluctantly asked, but she knew ei's son was the one you showed her to.

the purple haired woman lets out a sigh, glancing towards her son that was walking painfully slow towards them. " kunikuzushi, though he doesn't really liked being called by his real name. he prefers to be called scaramouche. "

so it is him, your mother thought, humming to herself. oh well, she faced scaramouche and— waved?! at him!!

" c'mere son, " she started, scaramouche then fastened his pace and reached your mother's embrace. the woman immediately headlocked the young man in a friendly way as if they knew each other way beforehand, " grown into a fine man, huh? you got a girlfriend?  "

your eyes widen a bit from your mother's words, there's no way she isn't planning something. look at those eyes, so full of mischief.

you and your friends decided to head over the bench near the area, tired of standing so awkwardly beside the two best friends and the other's son. as the six of you were about to sit down, all your figures froze as you and the others heard ei's reply.

" oh he has a fiancé. "

heusalette, who was once gently ruffling with the young man's hair, frozed too from her best friend's words. " o-oh? " was all she could reply, lost for words.

" but i'm pla— " ei halted when she heard her phone, " sorry, i have to take this call. " she excused herself as your mothers nods in return. she then bended towards scaramouche's height and whispered something inaudible to you, then strided towards you and your friends, sitting on the opposite bench from you.

suddenly, you felt a hand grab your elbow.
" come with me. " a husky voice greeted your ear, whispering.

you turned to voice immediately out of shock, then turned towards your friends— who was purposely ignoring you, and same for your mom too.