24

everyone adores you (atleast i do)- matt maltese

- matt maltese

SILENCE FOLLOWED after hearing your seat number. you knew that voice too well—it was the one you were most familiar with. from the way he insults you, complain, sigh, and even grumble beneath his breath. you know him so well.

" scaramouche. "  his name leaves a sweet aftertaste on your tongue, as though his name alone makes you swoon like a maiden who falls for empty words from a poet's sonnet.

that specific voice rang again, putting you out of your reverie as your gaze against the plane outside didn't falter.

" don't get out the plane as soon as it lands, stay until you're the only passenger left. "

and with that, the unknown aircraft zooms in with such speed. as soon as the ruckus was done, attendees hurried towards your seat and informed you to stay until further notice.

you realize now that—you missed him. as the tear that cascades down your chin continues to fall, you realize that you really were just denying your feelings for the young man over the days.

but does he feel the same?

maybe all this time, everything he did for you was just platonic, because he didn't want to lose a dear friend. what would you do then?

maybe i'll just live in germany.

shaking your head, you laugh at your own thought. absurd as it is, you do not know what to do if he doesn't feel the same way. maybe you'll feel a little  upset but you don't know what comes after.

as you get lost in your own stupor for the nth time today, you failed to notice that the plane has landed. not until you catch a glimpse of some passengers walking down the aircraft.

with wide eyes, you jolt. hastily getting your own luggage, still lost in thought.

as an attendant spotted you making your way out of the cabin, she gently ran towards you with a worried face. " a—ah ma'am! we were tasked to let you stay until all passengers left aboard. "

frankly, you were so lost in thought that you forgot you didn't want to go out too. you know too well that your 'father' has already assigned someone to come fetch you. so you stayed until you're the only passenger left.

" oh right. "

so, you plopped down an empty seat from behind, mindlessly waiting as though a kid waiting for her mother to fetch her because she caused some trouble.

however, in this moment—trouble is the one that fetched you.

with a tap on her shoulder, and a husky hey, you looked over to see that familiar face. the bangs of his purple hair flows with the artificial air inside the plane as he leans in more.

your eyes widen as you felt a hand sneaking in below your thighs, feeling lifted the next second.
" what? you thought i'm letting you step even one single step? " he let out a scoff as a smirk made its way to his handsome face.

" as if. "

the smile that creeps its way to your own couldn't be restrained no longer as you let yourself do what devils do—fall.

scaramouche lets himself drown in your own giggles as he too, smiled with one that could rival all the stars from the vast of skies and even the sun. like two silk skin lovers that basked from the natural sunlight that the sun has given, as though it was specifically made for them—they indulged themselves in a world of their own.

as he reached the doorway of his plane, he sets you down gently. scaramouche made his way to the cockpit afterwards, and you followed.

with a click, the mic was on, and he spoke with a voice loud and clear for the whole coverage of the airport to hear.

" no one dares to take away my girlfriend from me. "

you smiled—wait what?!

scaramouche turned to you, he already expected the shocked look in your face and when he saw it himself, you didn't fail his expectation.

" your what?! " you tried your best not to stammer, not to look so excited and too happy that may be an evidence that you feel the same way as he does.

" that's his way of confessing, honey. " a voice interjects, and you turned around. there, your mom stood with a lopsided grin, along with your friends that has an evident look of happiness in their faces.

" although quite absurd! " childe chimes in the very back, and laughter followed.

" you're just jealous she didn't liked you back! " kaeya added with a snicker—HUH?!?!?!

a slap echoed through the private aircraft, " it was supposed to be a secret!!! " hu tao scolded the blue-haired man, and lumine just shakes her head in disappointment, although it wasn't a surprise to her.

" you like y/n?!?! " and there comes itto. " WHY DIDN'T I KNOW!!!!?!!!!! " he falls dramatically on the ground with a hand clutching his chest as though feeling in the betrayal that his friends had made.

as the chaos continues, you looked back at scaramouche—only to find him staring at you already. with an expectant look on his face, he waits for the words the would come out of your pretty lips.

" i love you too. "

then, his lips was on yours. and a click of a camera was heard.

that day, you and him were the talk of the headlines.

───

your mother had already settled the papers that involved your father and his rights to see you. making you feel heavenly to have a mother like her.

years had passed since then.

and now, the papers that are being prepared are your marriage papers.

you had shared too much and too little with your soon-to-be husband. morning kisses that consisted of yours and his stinky breath, running in an empty field at the dead of the night with chiko (your feet ended up sore), midnight walks along the shore of teyvat that were decorated with shiny fireflies (he stumbled on a rock and his face fell on the sand), went grocery shopping like how old couples do (the paper bags ripped and all contents fell on the concrete floor), every misfortune had befallen to the both of you.

yet amidst those, you and him still felt like how you used to when he tutored you back in the days.

he still loves you and same goes to you.